Worst Starting QB in the History of Your Franchise

Uncle Buck

Mark Sanchez. He was awful when he came with an elite running game AND offensive line (both in passing and running). For as bad as Jets fans complain about the lack of talent he had with receivers, they'd kill for Sam Darnold to have Braylon, Clemens, and Cotchery. 

3 hours ago, french t0ast said:

For the Vikings, Tarvaris Jackson. 

I remember when I joined this board in 2008 I defended him aggressively.. :$ 

I think I'd take Jackson over Ponder.  At last TJack was able to hang around the league for a few years as a somewhat serviceable backup.  Ponder was bounced from the league almost immediately.

Basically anyone they started between 1990 and 1992. 

A revolving door of Tom Hodson, Hugh Millen, Scott Zolak, Marc Wilson and 1 or 2 other names I can't even remember.

The Pats had more guys start at QB for them in that 3-year span as they have in the last 25. 

58 minutes ago, Malik said:

Mark Sanchez. He was awful when he came with an elite running game AND offensive line (both in passing and running). For as bad as Jets fans complain about the lack of talent he had with receivers, they'd kill for Sam Darnold to have Braylon, Clemens, and Cotchery. 

He was definitely not the worst Jets starting QB ever.

Discounting one off guys, and guys who were before my time...for the 49ers, I may lean toward Ken Dorsey? He got 10 starts for the 49ers, which is a decent chunk. 54%, 8 / 11 td/int. 5.4 ypa.

JT O'sullivan would be up there. Same TD/INT @ 8/11 in fewer games, but he also pushed the ball down the field a little more (7.4 ypa, which isn't horrific). He did manage to take 32 sacks though in 8 games, which is awful (Dorsey took 19 sacks in 11 games).

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Tyler Palko started 4 games for the Chiefs in 2011

Actually came in for Cassel mid game.  We lost that game to Denver with Tebow completing 2 passes.   That was a fun season. 

Random quirky trivia...

Before Nick Mullens the last two weeks, Palko was the last NFL quarterback to get his first two starts in primetime games.

Archived