Worst Starting QB in the History of Your Franchise

Uncle Buck

7 hours ago, riceman80 said:

JaWalrus or Andrew Walter. I cant honestly pick between one or the other. Prob Walter since Russell never studied anything, never watched film, and was drinking sizzurp all the time so at least he had those reasons. Walter was actually trying.

6 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

JaMarcus. The story about the blank tapes is a microchosim of his career.

The JaMarcus-''era' was a big disaster and combined with him being the #1 pick that makes it probably the decision that hurt us the most as a franchise.

However as starting QB's he actually won 7 games, and has a similar record to for example Jeff George (7-18 vs. 7-16).

Aaron Brooks went 0-8 for us, with 3 TD's and 8 INT's and a 60 qb rating in 2006, at least Andrew Walter still managed to win 2 games in the remaining games that year.

"Parkway Joe" Pisarcik, of the New York Football Giants!

History buff that I am, I had to nominate the famous author of The Fumble as the Worst Giants' QB Ever; well, before my time, but luckily the motion picture camera had at least been invented by then, preserving poor Pisarcik's notorious gaffe for all time. Famously, The Fumble set in motion the forces that would bring George Young to New York to run the football team (heretofore operated by the Mara Family and various good ol' boy former Giants, cluelessly), lead to the drafting of Phil Simms, Lawrence Taylor, et.al., and the glories of Super Bowls to come!

But first, there had to be Parkway Joe:

Image result for Joe Pisarcik the fumble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfOiY5MhqHA

59 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

A lot of them for the Browns, but probably DeShone Kizer. He was a 21 year old rookie thrust into a situation with a bad roster, but he was still an abomination while in there.

Spergon Wynn

Browns drafted him over Brady too.

8 hours ago, Starless said:

He was definitely not the worst Jets starting QB ever.

I wasn't watching football (or alive) when there worse starters. Given his performance and the talent he fell into he was the worst I've seen.

25 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Spergon Wynn

Browns drafted him over Brady too.

I didn't ever watch Spergon Wynn play, but I can't imagine he did the boneheaded things that Kizer did all year long. If we had literally any other starting QB last year, we would have won 2-3 games. Kizer throwing into double, triple, and quadruple coverage on clutch drives was insanity. Literally at every crucial moment in every close game, Kizer would do something catastrophic. And not like fumbling on a strip sack...I'm talking about like throwing it directly at a defender with no receiver in the same zip code kind of catastrophic mistakes.

Kizer is the most unclutch football player I have ever seen. He'd do some good things early in the game, but on 3rd downs and money situations, he'd fall apart the way I'd expect a grade school QB to fall apart.

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

TJ Rubley.

worst gb qb ever

Yes, but he wasn't the regular starter.

IMO the worst regular starter we ever had was probably Randy Wright.  Wright was drafted by the Packers in the sixth round in 1984. In his five years with the Packers, he started 32 games and tallied a 7-25 record. He started every game in 1986 and recorded a 4-12 record, threw 17 touchdowns, 23 interceptions and completed only 53 percent his passes

Archived