Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

.Buzz

18 minutes ago, RamRod said:

The Chiefs just released one of the best backs in the league. Does this end perception the NFL doesn’t crack down on violence against women?

Why would it? 

The Chiefs, the NFL, all knew about this and saw the video and did nothing about it. Now that a video has surfaced you see some action. It’s a disgrace.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What gets me is this happened in February? How and or Why is the NFL/KC just now taking action?

They knew about it, were letting it run its course legally. My understanding is that they did not know, or see the video. They interviewed him, he told them whatever, and now they are saying he lies to them. The incident isn't the straw that broke the camels back, it was that they learned he lied to them. 

That's what they are rolling with any way

9 minutes ago, jarren said:

I don't believe this at all. Im sure the Cheifs were aware of what happened. With video evidence out it makes the franchise look horrible so they're trying to save face by saying he lied imo. 

This is what I believe also. Shows the integrity of them. This move isn’t about their beliefs, only about public perception. They were hoping it never came to light. 

19 minutes ago, RamRod said:

The Chiefs just released one of the best backs in the league. Does this end perception the NFL doesn’t crack down on violence against women?

Tyreke Hill choked a pregnant female and he’s still wearing a chiefs uniform. 

Just now, Classic said:

The Chiefs taking this long to act is the most puzzling thing about all of this. Chiefs need to be investigated for not responding soon or at least notifying the league. 

People are missing this. They all knew. He's really not being released for the incident, he's being released because they just found out he lied to them. That's the statement they gave

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

He'll get his chance. NFL is littered with these types of players I firmly believe that, they are just smarter at keeping it quite.

People would be shocked to learn how many HOF were as well. This is nothing new. Only the Social Media catching it on tape has changed.

Jim Brown beat women throughout his NFL career and beyond. Nobody talks about it though. Just the times I guess.

8 minutes ago, game3525 said:

No, he wouldn't. 

He would have been suspended for 6 games and it would blow over.

Nope, once the video surfaced, he would of faced more punishment even after a six game suspension. Now he’ll just serve a six game suspension. You never want to get in trouble before the video. The NFL can and will punish you twice. 

Lol at people giving kc props. Why do they deserve props. Them in the nfl did a limited investigation. A limited investigation should had prompted asking for the hotel surveillance. They dont deserve props. TMZ is the only one that may deserve props. 

This whole situation is so outrageous and such a bad look for the NFL. Man, at this rate maybe the NBA really will eclipse them in 20 years. This is Ray Rice all over again, right? Hear about incident, do nothing. See footage some months later, THEN do something. Such a bad look. What a JOKE!

Chiefs can try to salvage it, but I mean, such a transparent PR move, right? They screwed up, they know it; only reason to explain this very SUDDEN and SEVERE reaction they had to the mere video. Meanwhile they have an objectively worse scumbag on the roster in Hill*, but he is essential to the offense, not a moving part piece like RB (at least moving part when you have capable backup like Ware), so they have no problem keeping him aboard and getting no heat for drafting him way back despite knowing his incident, but fear getting heat now (rightfully so, it's how media works) for Hunt so just cut the ties immediately since it won't harm them too much on the field. I am getting so disillusioned with the NFL. None of these franchises actually care, it is just a constant game of PR, and it's so tiring.

*On Hill, to rebuke the incoming "oh he did his time, oh he changed"... nah son, media doesn't work like that. You know if that was on camera he would never be forgiven, never in the league, labeled a woman beater for life and not given a platform in any sort of spotlight. So what's different, morally speaking, here?

and I'm saying all this without even diving into the incident, which it's flat out unfair to speak about in the same light as what Ray or Hill did, but we know it's pretty black and white out there to the media mob. I have no sympathy for Hunt, you are a fool for striking a women, but I can't help but get outraged at this colossal mess. 

Archived