16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 minute ago, PackGymRat said:

Wait.... Mike Tomlin? That dude has lost control of the Steelers locker room.

When your QB is fighting your WR, you know you got problems.

Big Ben has fought with Tomlin (or verbally had things to say about him.....) and ran the OC outta town.

3 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Wait.... Mike Tomlin? That dude has lost control of the Steelers locker room.

When your QB is fighting your WR, you know you got problems.

I don’t think he’s a good example to illustrate your point.

Tomlin is a good players coach. He hasn’t lost control. The issue is AB... do the research. AB is a cancer.

He only cares about his numbers.

Remove him and Steelers are fine. Bell was only an issue because of contract. That’s upper management not Tomlin.

8 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

No no .. like Holmgren did with Favre. I'll never forget when Favre checked out of a play and threw an interception to run back to the sidelines with Holmgren in his face and fingers interlaced with his facemask as he ripped him a new one. 

That is what Rodgers needs.

Having looking more closely at the candidates I'm more intrigued by Dan Campbell. It's between him and  McDaniels for me. They have both had HC coaching stints which I think is important and they have both spent time away from that role to reflect and grow more. McDaniels super bright but might be a prick. Campbell not as smart in terms of running an offence he would have to have good coordinators around him as he is not a play caller but seems like a kinda guy you really want to play for. 

Interesting as well that Campbell was one of the early interview requests the Packers made.

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Having looking more closely at the candidates I'm more intrigued by Dan Campbell. It's between him and  McDaniels for me. They have both had HC coaching stints which I think is important and they have both spent time away from that role to reflect and grow more. McDaniels super bright but might be a prick. Campbell not as smart in terms of running an offence he would have to have good coordinators around him as he is not a play caller but seems like a kinda guy you really want to play for. 

Interesting as well that Campbell was one of the early interview requests the Packers made.

I also find Gase and LaFleur interesting. Those would be my 4

I’m starting to think it might not be JM since there was no word or rumor after the interview. If he wowed them, why interview anyone else and risk JM changing his mind and interviewing elsewhere?

Also, are we going to interview every last available option out there? Holy cow, what are there like 10-12 either done or set up so far? At some point I think you just start to confuse yourself. 

Researching even more about Dan Campbell I'm totally sold. Everything I'm reading about him is that he is a leader of men. I think you need that in a HC and while McDaniels is a great mind I don't see him as a leader. I like that Dan is a former player. He has learnt under Parcells and has his ear as well. When he took over as HC of the Phins obviously he didn't have an offseason to work with players as a HC, so even to win a few games is a great achievement and they beat the Pats too.

Also he has ties with the Packers from Philbin. Who must of been able to give the Packers a lot of insight about Campbell which makes it less of a risk. And he has worked with some good names to form a staff. If he was the HC, Zac Taylor or Brian Daboll as OC. Then you have Todd Bowles as DC. That to me is a nice looking staff.

Hard nosed head coach. Creative OC and a really good DC.

2 hours ago, Stevein2012 said:

Don't really see Rodgers as the type to respond positively to that.  Rodgers needs someone whose football mind he fully respects.  Someone who can get him to buy into their plan. 

Not too many out there. That is why McDaniels is one of the few names that are actually legit. McDaniels is someone that Brady respects and that will go a long ways with Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I also find Gase and LaFleur interesting. Those would be my 4 if want. 

Mom starting to think it might not be JM since there was no word or rumor after the interview. If he wowed them, why interview anyone else and risk JM changing his mind and interviewing elsewhere?

Also, are we going to interview every last available option out there? Holy cow, what are there like 10-12 either done or set up so far? At some point I think you just start to confuse yourself. 

Every single one of those 12 interviewies gets asked this question: "Who would be your assistant coaches?"   These interviews gives you a chance to get inside information on who you should go after to fill out your staff....   Further, not all of these candidates will get a HC gig, so this is a chance to see if you want any of them as an assistant coach.

3 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Every single one of those 12 interviewies gets asked this question: "Who would be your assistant coaches?"   These interviews gives you a chance to get inside information on who you should go after to fill out your staff....   Further, not all of these candidates will get a HC gig, so this is a chance to see if you want any of them as an assistant coach.

So Murphy and Gute are hiring the assistants too?

26 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I also find Gase and LaFleur interesting. Those would be my 4

I’m starting to think it might not be JM since there was no word or rumor after the interview. If he wowed them, why interview anyone else and risk JM changing his mind and interviewing elsewhere?

There hasn't been word or rumor after any of the interviews we've had so far. So if that's the case, we're going into 2019 without a coach  :P

13 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Researching even more about Dan Campbell I'm totally sold. Everything I'm reading about him is that he is a leader of men. I think you need that in a HC and while McDaniels is a great mind I don't see him as a leader. I like that Dan is a former player. He has learnt under Parcells and has his ear as well. When he took over as HC of the Phins obviously he didn't have an offseason to work with players as a HC, so even to win a few games is a great achievement and they beat the Pats too.

Also he has ties with the Packers from Philbin. Who must of been able to give the Packers a lot of insight about Campbell which makes it less of a risk. And he has worked with some good names to form a staff. If he was the HC, Zac Taylor or Brian Daboll as OC. Then you have Todd Bowles as DC. That to me is a nice looking staff.

Hard nosed head coach. Creative OC and a really good DC.

Is Brain Daboll a good OC?. I heard from Bills fan that his play calling was not aggressive at all..

Archived