Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald?

Buckweath

Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald (this season)?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald (this season)?

• Aaron Donald
    • JJ Watt

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Watt played a different position in the scheme. Donald plays as a 3-Tech.

At the height of his career, Watt played 3 Tech as well. Played some 5 tech once Romeo Crennell got here, but it was mostly 3 tech.

I think as of right now it's Watt, but it's so close that my answer could change depending on how the rest of the season plays out. 

No one has done what Donald is doing. Anyone who doesn't take into account his position on the line and pretending the time he's double teamed doesn't matter has already made up their mind to fade AD from the get go. If anyone can find the amount of time Watt was doubled in 2012, I'd love to see it (no sarcasm, I have no idea what it is and am too lazy to find it, but I'd imagine it's no where near Donald's this year).

45 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I think as of right now it's Watt, but it's so close that my answer could change depending on how the rest of the season plays out. 

No one has done what Donald is doing. Anyone who doesn't take into account his position on the line and pretending the time he's double teamed doesn't matter has already made up their mind to fade AD from the get go. If anyone can find the amount of time Watt was doubled in 2012, I'd love to see it (no sarcasm, I have no idea what it is and am too lazy to find it, but I'd imagine it's no where near Donald's this year).

I posted it last time Jrry asked when he was arguing with ET. IIRC it was 58% of time. I'll double check. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The thing about this question to me is... We've already seen prime JJ Watt.  Watt's prime has came and went.  Aaron Donald is having his best season currently, so how are we sure this is even his peak? 

46 tackles, 14TFL, 5FF, and 11.5 sacks in 12 games so far this year

... And this a guy whose prime has came and went? Yeah... If that's the case I'm definitely taking Watt, lol.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

46 tackles, 14TFL, 5FF, and 11.5 sacks in 12 games so far this year

... And this a guy whose prime has came and went? Yeah... If that's the case I'm definitely taking Watt, lol.

Is Watt in his prime right now or no?

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Oh my god for a second i thought you were going to say Cam Jordan nvm Rankings nvm again i thought for sure Davenport. 

I figured you'd somehow try to vote Goff or Gurley on this one,  so I suppose we are both surprised 

17 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Aside from the “value” portion of MVP, this is my biggest gripe when people argue he deserves the award. Correct me if I’m wrong but the Rams defense has been pretty poor with Donald. Would the drop off be that significant without him? How would his loss impact the team success? You couldn’t possibly argue he’s more valuable to the Rams success than Goff - maybe even Gurley. Or am I just stupid?

Are you seriously asking how important a guy who has over half of his team's sacks is to his defense? Considering how many close games we've been in this year and how many game changing turnovers/drive-ending plays/pressures he's made this year, especially late in games, he's pretty darn important. We would almost never get to the QB if it wasn't for him and teams would probably average about 10 more ppg against us. We'd probably be about 7-5 instead of 11-1, more like the Bucs than a SB favorite.