Packers fire Winston Moss

Brad gluckman

3 hours ago, Leader said:

You mean the lure of coaching a GOAT-ish.....HOF-ish...borderline temperamental QB isnt alluring and overpowering enough to bring them in?
Gee. What could it be?
Cant be they dont want to work with TT anymore.
Cant be they dont want to work with Capers.
MM is gone.
Lets blame it on Murphy now.
Or, maybe they dont like snow.

Or perhaps, the city of GB has lost it's chic?....

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Bruce Ariens and Tony Dungy don't want/wouldn't take the Packers head coaching job?   LOL.  That in itself makes the job that much more attractive.  Don't think to much of themselves do they?  Idiots.

Why in the hell would we want Tony Dungy anywhere near the franchise?  This is right up there with the Bill Cowher suggestion.

I get Winston's response. He's right that AR hasn't been held accountable. His mechanics have been terrible recently and he has ignored playcalling recently. Blaming squarely him (or MM) is kind of sportz talky though. Whenever there is failure, it is usually a couple of things, like in this case;

1. Bad (from 2015-2017) and young talent (now) the last few years causing him to freelance more - Essentially TT (even a little of MM not giving up on Capers and us burning more picks than needed on D)

2. Lack of tone at the top and an old message-MM

3. AR's arrogance- we all know it is true to an extent

Maybe Moss was referring to Murphy being a poor leader. 

While everybody is celebrating, I am seriously petrified that we've got a Darth Sidius in the prequel trilogy thing going on right now. 

I still believe McCarthy was not the problem.  Really hope I'm wrong and we come out strong offensively and defensively against the Falcons and we improve significantly next year, but I really believe McCarthy was not the problem and that we would be in the playoffs right now, ahead of the Bears, if McCarthy had been given control over the roster and allowed to get the pieces he needed to play the way he wanted us to. 

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Remember the year Rodgers and Brady split 49 MVP votes and Gollum voted for Bobby Wagner? Good times.

**** Dungy

I  had to google what or who Gollum was but damn, that's funny.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Why in the hell would we want Tony Dungy anywhere near the franchise?  This is right up there with the Bill Cowher suggestion.

Would never want Tony Dungy near the Packers.  One of the most overrated coaches ever.  Hard to fathom he has a job on tv doing commentating.  

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Maybe Moss was referring to Murphy being a poor leader. 

While everybody is celebrating, I am seriously petrified that we've got a Darth Sidius in the prequel trilogy thing going on right now. 

I still believe McCarthy was not the problem.  Really hope I'm wrong and we come out strong offensively and defensively against the Falcons and we improve significantly next year, but I really believe McCarthy was not the problem and that we would be in the playoffs right now, ahead of the Bears, if McCarthy had been given control over the roster and allowed to get the pieces he needed to play the way he wanted us to. 

We've all been down this path a thousand times yes AR has his faults but MM's message, path, playcalling and situational football has been terrible this year and really the past few years. There is no question about any of that. Yes, GM, CEO, QB all need to be better, and throw luck in there as well as we've had tones of bad in the last few years. Don't be too worried OP, your optomism usually is high. This change with Murph and Gute hopefully seeing and knowing more about the issues then we all do, can right the ship. Lets just hope and pray they have found the issues and can resolve them.......then it's a blip on the radar and there is no reason we can't be in contention next season.

2 hours ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

I am about 90% sure that Twitter account isn't really Winston Moss. 1. That account follows me, and I remember it following me right when it was created this fall. I don't think the real Winston Moss would be following me. 2. Winston Moss doesn't even like talking to the social media. Do you think he would go and use social media? 3. There's some weird tweets/retweets that strike me as a false account early on. 4. Wouldn't he have a blue check mark if it was really him? Don't you have to do some sort of verification with Twitter, and that results in you either getting that blue check mark whether you're someone of significant importance, or reach so many followers? I have been wrong before, but I don't believe that is actually Winston Moss, and I don't believe that tweet had anything to do with him being fired. 

That was my initial thought but

Philbin did address the tweet today.  Feels like he would have said it wasn't his twitter if it wasn't his twitter.

Archived