Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

What a nightmare this morning was. My friends and I are going in a huge group. We were able to get 9 tickets easily at 7 am.  By 7:01 everything was a train wreck. Absolutely nothing accomplished other than excessive refreshing for the next 4 hours. Decided I'd go to the theater and pick up the other 11 and that was super easy. A stressful few hours or worry though. Can't believe we actually hit our goal of 20 tickets in one row opening night.

Didn't realize it was the same time as the draft. I bought tickets for 7pm PST and 9:30pm PST (draft starts at 5). Debating either taping the draft and turning off my phone and watching it right after the movie, or watch the draft live, also turn off phone to avoid Avengers spoilers, and go to the 9:30 showing. Decisions, decisions....

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

lol, good luck with that

I threatened my middle school students with immediate spoilers if they didn't work on classwork.  The first kid challenged me so I revealed the Spider-Man died in the snap.  When his friend chimed in, I said Black Panther.  Not another word spoken out for over a week until they all had seen it.  Most productive days I have ever had in May.

33 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I threatened my middle school students with immediate spoilers if they didn't work on classwork.  The first kid challenged me so I revealed the Spider-Man died in the snap.  When his friend chimed in, I said Black Panther.  Not another word spoken out for over a week until they all had seen it.  Most productive days I have ever had in May.

Pretty sure that's a grave breach of Article 130 of the Third Act of the Geneva Convention

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Didn't realize it was the same time as the draft. I bought tickets for 7pm PST and 9:30pm PST (draft starts at 5). Debating either taping the draft and turning off my phone and watching it right after the movie, or watch the draft live, also turn off phone to avoid Avengers spoilers, and go to the 9:30 showing. Decisions, decisions....

This is why I bought tickets to the 12:40 AM CST showing lol. Would rather not miss the draft live.

got a ticket for 2:40 showing on friday

I was going to wait until Saturday, but didn't want to risk spoilers

will be caught up in the draft all Thursday night and will be too busy Friday mourning to get spoiled on twitter and Facebook

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I just saw they released another trailer. I wish they would've just done the initial teaser and left it at that.

There was zero chance of us not seeing a glimpse of Thanos in a trailer before the movie drops. 

18 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Well here’s your first spoiler

movie is 3 hours long 

Scratch this plan - my wife just surprised me with tickets for the noon showing on Friday. 

I don't know what makes me happier - that my wife got 'em, or because I've turned her onto comic book movies and she can't wait a day to watch the movie, so she "surprises" me with tickets.

Prior to me, she was all about watching crappy movies from the '50s with her mom - now she's able to list off all of the different characters in Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse, and catches Easter Eggs as quickly as I do. 

I'm so proud. :D

Archived