Scalamania's 2019 mock v1 (3 rounds)

Scalamania

i can live with the 1st 2 jags picks.  i prefer haskins to herbert for our offense but since hes not herbert should be good.  edwards i like becaue our RT has been a sieve.

i would take Dieter with our 1st 3rd rounder because we need a starting RG and i love me some dieter.   with the rams pick i would go with anthony johnson to give us a potential bigger wr.

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I’d be stoked if GB wound up with Polite and Wilson.  Not sure Mack is declaring early tho. His recent tweets sound like he’s returning. 

Have to agree here -- I'd be absolutely pumped with those 2 as our first picks.

Josh Allen at 2 is a reaaach. Even if he kills the combine, no way I can see that happening.

I hope Washington wouldn’t reach in the first round for Jones, they could compete in their division without a first round QB.

Overall, it’s a solid effort throughout. I would be disappointed if New England came away from the first few rounds without a linebacker though.

Why do everyone give Ravens a wide receiver when we are a team with a new quarterback who throws 25 times a game? We already have 8 players battling for targets and our 2 drafted wide receivers from 2018 isn't even playing yet.

On 12/7/2018 at 12:57 PM, Scalamania said:

27    Houston    Greg Little, OT, Mississippi 

Love it.

25    Houston - from Seattle    Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

DL depth would be nice, so not really arguing this pick.

28    Houston    Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State

Texans drafted two TEs in the last draft (Jordan Akins in the 3rd, Jordan Thomas in the 6th) and Thomas is starting to shine as an every down TE. Really not a direction the team would go in, Julian Love, Kaleb McGary or Yodny Cajuste make much more sense here (Little and McGary would be booked Ts for a decade). 

27    Houston    Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis

I love the player and value here, but more OL is probably needed - Beau Benzschwanel would be the smarter pick, but Henderson in Houston would be fun...

• 2 weeks later...

27 Houston    Greg Little, OT, Mississippi

Love the pick.

25 Houston - from Seattle    Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

Not really a position of need, but can't argue the value of Tillery this late in the 2nd. If Yodny Cajuste or Kaleb McGary are available, they're the pick - Texans have several needs across the OL.

28 Houston    Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State

Texans drafted two TEs last year (Jordan Akins and Jordan Thomas) and both are developing very well. The Texans aren't drafting a TE this draft, let alone with a top 64 pick. With both Will Fuller and Demaryius Thomas coming off of season ending injuries (Thomas will probably be cut after his achilles tear) a #2 to DeAndre Hopkins is probably more important. Parris Campbell here makes a ton of sense.

27 Houston    Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis

REALLY like this pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Lions are picking 8th and Herbert is returning to school... so those two things alone would help improve things. I don't dislike the overall draft. I don't think Ridley will wind up available in the 3rd round when all is said and done but I like addressing the position.

Archived