Is anybody else picking the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl?

NFLExpert49

13 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The rules favors the offenses now. I know what history tells us but we have to adjust to the way the game is being played today. The Jags and Vikings defense was far better last season than what we see from the Bears and Cowboys this season and none of those teams made it to the Superbowl. When those teams went on the road they couldnt stop the Eagles and Patriots when it mattered the most. The Saints defense was really good last season but when they went to Minnesota they got down 17-0. They fought their way back but again when it mattered the most they couldnt make a stop. I get defense travels but with the rules the great offenses at home has the advantage. Why do you think the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints are unstoppable on offense at home? Good luck to anyone holding down those offenses at home. If you tell me the Bears have HFA where the Superbowl in the NFC will have to go through Chicago then I can agree with you. Their defense isnt holding down the Rams or Saints on the road and do you trust Trubisky on the road to do enough to win the game? Same thing with the Cowboys and Dak. So again I get why people are so excited about defenses now because all season long its been about offense, offense, offense and now the defense is getting the shine. When playoffs come the road to the Superbowl is going through LA or New Orleans. Perfect weather, the home team will get the calls, and history has shown over the past seasons those teams are unstoppable at home no matter who the opponent is. If Chicago or Dallas have to go on the road Im looking at their QB more than their defense because thats the only chance they have to win.

First of all this Bears defense is historic. The Jags and especially the Vikings were not on the same level as this Bears defense.  Secondly, do I think Trubisky can do enough on the road, yes, bc I've seen evidence of it.  And yes, whether the Bears can win the Superbowl or not is going to depend on Trubisky, the same can be said for every other team.  But there are 2 defenses in the NFC you can reliably expect to get stops when they need to.  And oh btw History shows us that it's about 50/50 in the divisional round for the home team. The CGs jump up to about 75% home team. But you go on think its smooth sailing for you to the CG.  I'm just going to.be sitting here comfortably knowing I have a championship defense.  And that matters in the playoffs.

Oh man. All I can say is you have to watch the hot team going into the postseason. And right now that team is, undeniably, the Cowboys. Are they my favorites? Eh... I always find it hard to make a team with so little postseason experience, particularly at QB, my "favorite." My favorite right now is the Saints. They have the coaching, the QB, the experience, etc etc. And they're playing some great football. But the Cowboys are clearly in the mix and looking verrrry strong. If I was a Cowboys fan I would be riding high.

I can say this much. I was soooooo wrong about the Cooper acquisition. I didn't think Dak was good enough to make the addition work well enough to be worth the investment in Cooper. It was a bold move and it clearly paid off.

8 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

Oh man. All I can say is you have to watch the hot team going into the postseason. And right now that team is, undeniably, the Cowboys. Are they my favorites? Eh... I always find it hard to make a team with so little postseason experience, particularly at QB, my "favorite." My favorite right now is the Saints. They have the coaching, the QB, the experience, etc etc. And they're playing some great football. But the Cowboys are clearly in the mix and looking verrrry strong. If I was a Cowboys fan I would be riding high.

I can say this much. I was soooooo wrong about the Cooper acquisition. I didn't think Dak was good enough to make the addition work well enough to be worth the investment in Cooper. It was a bold move and it clearly paid off.

I stand by my statement that Dak has too much poise and not enough presence. But it's really nice to have a QB that doesnt buckle under pressure and can still fight to win. He will probably never be Rodgers or Brady but at least he wont roll over like a Persian rug like some QBs who get rattled. 

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

First of all this Bears defense is historic. The Jags and especially the Vikings were not on the same level as this Bears defense.  Secondly, do I think Trubisky can do enough on the road, yes, bc I've seen evidence of it.  And yes, whether the Bears can win the Superbowl or not is going to depend on Trubisky, the same can be said for every other team.  But there are 2 defenses in the NFC you can reliably expect to get stops when they need to.  And oh btw History shows us that it's about 50/50 in the divisional round for the home team. The CGs jump up to about 75% home team. But you go on think its smooth sailing for you to the CG.  I'm just going to.be sitting here comfortably knowing I have a championship defense.  And that matters in the playoffs.

We shall see. Im not saying its smooth sailing to the NFCCG. I said I dont want to see the Seahawks for the third time this season. With that being said my money is on the Rams and Saints in the NFCCG. I dont trust Trubisky on the road in the playoffs. The Bears wont win on the road with Trubisky throwing for 110yds and 3 ints. The Bears wont have a repeat performance twice against McVay especially in LA. The Bears wont have the performance in NO. I dont trust Trubisky to go on the road and do enough to win. The Saints defense is exceptional at home with that crowd. People arent talking about this but the Rams defense is coming on strong. They have 10 takeaways in the past 3 games. With Talib back they havent allowed more than 16pts. The 4 games Talib played the entire game the Rams havent allowed more than 16pts. In the 5 games Talib was active the Rams are allowing on average 13.2ppg. Thats with me adding that safety from the Bears in which the defense didnt give up those 2pts. So technically the defensive unit with Talib is only giving up 12ppg with Talib active. The only teams I give a shot to go on the road to LA or NO is the teams that have a legit QB like Wilson or if ARod somehow gets in. A team like the Panthers assuming they get in and Cam is healthy. Those teams Ill give a great shot to go to LA or NO to win. If the Bears and Cowboys win and they prove me wrong then Ill admit it but all season long it is setting up Rams v Saints in the NFCCG just like last season when the Eagles and Vikings were the top 2 seeds and set up to meet in the NFCCG.  

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

This isn't the BCS, there are no style points or SOS calculations. Wins are wins, losses are losses. 

...against a one legged Aaron Rodgers who was hopped up on enough painkillers to subdue a gorilla. I'm going to call that a wash.

Injuries happen, and that "98 degrees" designation should have zero bearing on anything - good teams travel and play in any conditions (which I believe the Bears are...more on that later).

Again, injuries happen. I get that you're up a creek with an injured QB, but you can't write off a loss because one if your guys is hurt - "MT10" being out doesn't impact that defense from being pile driven by Saquan Barkley.

Ultimately, I agree with you and think the Bears are in line for a really strong run in the playoffs - I agree with you in stating that "defense travels" and that's going to be important. It's going to give the Bears a leg up on the field, it's proven to be a good enough defense to stop the top offense in the NFC in a spectacular fashion.

I'm not going to disagree with any of that.  My point was simply that it's not like the Bears couldn't have won those games on the road since the guy I quoted was using the logic that the Bears cant win 2 games in a row on the road.

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm not going to disagree with any of that.  My point was simply that it's not like the Bears couldn't have won those games on the road since the guy I quoted was using the logic that the Bears cant win 2 games in a row on the road.

On that note, we agree. Sleeping on the Bears is not advised. I'm a fan.

Hopefully today's game will put to bed why Dallas isnt a Superbowl contender. When they go on the road they arent good. They are getting destroyed by the Colts. I hate to think what would happen if they went to New Orleans who got revenge on their mind or LA to face a Rams team that hasnt lost a game at home all season long and the offense is scary good at home. I cant wait to hear Skip Bayless explain himself about this performance. 

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

Shut out in Indy. 

Tell me again how they can beat the Rams or Saints on the road in the playoffs? 

...but but *insert convenient excuse here* and *insert next convenient excuse here*! 

And our defense isn't even that good, like at all. (Not that we are bad)

Archived