Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 5/2/2022 at 12:51 AM, drfrey13 said:

It is not that he misses a bunch of games.  He is always having to play through some nagging injury.  He is tough and plays through it but you hardly ever get top end Jacobs for more than a 2-3 game stretch.

Was just about to say this myself. 

I wouldn't even classify him as "injury prone" in the conventional sense, rather he's just not proven to be very durable through seasons. 

A RB that plays a full 43/49 games healthy and as a bell cow is still going to likely be more effective than a guy who plays about half of all 49 games while constantly banged up. 

Jacobs might not be injured enough to place on IR or miss a significant number of games, but he's still perennially dinged up and missing chunks of games he's active for. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, G said:

Ohhh 3 or 4.... 

Watch McDaniels somehow replicate it all and Bill never reach the promised land again. 

That would be a truly riveting scenario for discussion, wouldn't it?

"We all thought it was Bill and Tom. Turns out, it was Josh all along."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Becoming the new New England Patriots I see..... **** it, get us 6 rings in 20 years and I'm all for it!

I dunno. Other than Brady, who have the Patriots ever drafted that the rest of the league says "That guys the best at his position". I Honestly can't remember anyone. Seems to me they mostly draft players who fit their schemes but are mediocre once they leave. Correct me if I'm wrong though, my memory is failing me on their draft picks that were considered home runs. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I dunno. Other than Brady, who have the Patriots ever drafted that the rest of the league says "That guys the best at his position". I Honestly can't remember anyone. Seems to me they mostly draft players who fit their schemes but are mediocre once they leave. Correct me if I'm wrong though, my memory is failing me on their draft picks that were considered home runs. 

Zeigler wasn't in charge of all the Patriots drafts so that don't really matter to me. Also when you constantly picking 30th-32nd can't really get any blue chippers. Lastly their most recent high pick was Mac Jones also Christian Barmore. And Kyle Dugger in 2020

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

Patriots have been horrid at drafting in the past 5-10 years. If you look at their track record in the 1st and 2nd round the past 10 years it is very suspect. What they do excel at is finding useful UDFA’s and players off the scrap heap.

I’m skeptical about our ability to draft well moving forward but am bullish on the ability of our coaching staff to win the X’s and O’s and mid-game adjustment battles. 

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Patriots have been horrid at drafting in the past 5-10 years. If you look at their track record in the 1st and 2nd round the past 10 years it is very suspect. What they do excel at is finding useful UDFA’s and players off the scrap heap.

I’m skeptical about our ability to draft well moving forward but am bullish on the ability of our coaching staff to win the X’s and O’s and mid-game adjustment battles. 

That's why I only care about what Ziegler did his time there not 10 years ago also McDaniel seems like the gloves are off the Patriots would have never made a trade for Adams with Belichik in charge.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’m starting to think Mark Davis is a total 100% moron, and not as good of a person the Raider fan base claims he is. 

Or dudes feelings got hurt for being fired, I would let it play out before coming to conclusions. 

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Or dudes feelings got hurt for being fired, I would let it play out before coming to conclusions. 

No where close to the first executive to resign or get fired in under a year, which is far from normal. Most of these jobs are kept for a longggg time and do not change upon new GM, HC, etc. 

18 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

That's why I only care about what Ziegler did his time there not 10 years ago also McDaniel seems like the gloves are off the Patriots would have never made a trade for Adams with Belichik in charge.

True but my comment was mainly referring to them bringing in multiple people from the Patriots organization to head up college personnel scouting. 

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jacobs might not be injured enough to place on IR or miss a significant number of games, but he's still perennially dinged up and missing chunks of games he's active for. 

I think that McDaniels will help Jacobs stay healthy this season because he has shown that he loves to go with a RB by committee approach. I'd expect to see Jacobs, Drake, Bolden, and White all getting carries throughout the season.