Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 4/13/2020 at 9:49 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

The improvements Jackson made as a passer last year shows me he's a long term QB in this league. Kid didn't just rely on his athletic gifts ala RG3 or Kap. He put the work in and was deadly as a pocket passer. Only question is if his style of play is sustainable. Even if it isn't - he's a better QB then Derek Carr is today and it shouldn't even be a question.

Jackson beat more playoff teams (5)in his first year starting then Derek Carr (4) has beaten in his entire career. Like cmon man. Ask this question anywhere outside of this forum expect to be ridiculed.

Did you see the playoffs, the man can’t read a defense. 

This is the NFL gimmick offense always fail. Just remember the wildcat offense or the run and shoot  they look good for a while until teams catch up then they suck. no one ever won a championship running these offenses.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Did you see the playoffs, the man can’t read a defense. 

Yeah i saw the same Titan team make Brady look equally as awful the week before. Does Jackson have improvements to make as a passer - absolutely he's not a pure thrower of the football, lacks refinement, has mechanical issues, tends to press when down in obvious passing situations. But the growth he made in one year shows me he has that drive to get better. Watching him his rookie year to last year was like night and day. He's one of those guys i wouldn't bet against getting better. Big time it factor.

This is the NFL gimmick offense always fail. Just remember the wildcat offense or the run and shoot  they look good for a while until teams catch up then they suck. no one ever won a championship running these offenses.

yea the 49ers put up 31 against Ray Lewis' defense and were one missed PI call on Michael Crabtree in the SB back in 2013 from winning a championship with the exact same offense. 

I just saw the Chiefs win a SB and they run more gimmick plays then anybody. QBs are becoming more and more mobile. OCs are implementing more and more college themed plays. Hell, Arizona is running a whole Air Raid. I can see a lot of gimmicky stuff becoming the norm

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yeah i saw the same Titan team make Brady look equally as awful the week before. Does Jackson have improvements to make as a passer - absolutely he's not a pure thrower of the football, lacks refinement, has mechanical issues, tends to press when down in obvious passing situations. But the growth he made in one year shows me he has that drive to get better. Watching him his rookie year to last year was like night and day. He's one of those guys i wouldn't bet against getting better. Big time it factor.

yea the 49ers put up 31 against Ray Lewis' defense and were one missed PI call on Michael Crabtree in the SB back in 2013 from winning a championship with the exact same offense. 

I just saw the Chiefs win a SB and they run more gimmick plays then anybody. QBs are becoming more and more mobile. OCs are implementing more and more college themed plays. Hell, Arizona is running a whole Air Raid. I can see a lot of gimmicky stuff becoming the norm

You made the point for me . Kirkpatrick was a winning QB until things caught up to him and he had to throw the ball. 

And running a few gimmick plays is not the same as a gimmick offense.

From everything I’ve read, it’s highly unlikely we’ll be seeing any sport have fans attend games in 2020. Seen a lot of projections for January at the soonest. 

So perhaps the NFL does the regular season without fans and considers the playoffs, or at least the Super Bowl, to have fans attending. 

28 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

interesting side note on the deandre Washington signing, mahomey had a decent amount to do with that. I forgot totally that they played together in college. (like they need any more help/advantages.lol!) eff the chefs!!! lol!

Meh, he's nothing special at all.

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

what's the deal with Keelan Doss? We brought back all our ERFA yesterday, but Doss did not sign. 

He prolly just hasn’t signed his tender.  He’s listed as such on raiders.com’s roster.  I don’t think there’s a deadline to sign the tender.  There is one to place it though, and we placed it on him before the deadline.  I’m sure he’ll sign it eventually.  I believe once you tender the player a credit is put on the cap for that amount.  Besides him being under the top 51/53 threshold, it won’t change our cap situation or anything.

doss was an incredibly lucky UDFA last year.  He got a nice 22.5k signing bonus plus 30k salary guarantee, then we cut him.  He pocketed 52.5K.  Then in order o get him off Jax’s practice squad we gave him a 300k signing bonus on top of the minimum 495k.  
that’s crazy to think we paid a UDFA $847,500.  The minimum salary for 7-9yr vets was 930k and vets 10+ was 1.03M.

ive never seen anything like that.

• Like 1