Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Darbsk said:

I'm not sold on Jackson either, is he just a flash in the pan ala RG III or is he a genuine, long term QB in this league? He played superbly last year but so did Carr in 2016 and its very easy to fall off from the season he had.   

The improvements Jackson made as a passer last year shows me he's a long term QB in this league. Kid didn't just rely on his athletic gifts ala RG3 or Kap. He put the work in and was deadly as a pocket passer. Only question is if his style of play is sustainable. Even if it isn't - he's a better QB then Derek Carr is today and it shouldn't even be a question.

Jackson beat more playoff teams (5)in his first year starting then Derek Carr (4) has beaten in his entire career. Like cmon man. Ask this question anywhere outside of this forum expect to be ridiculed.

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Twitter was polled to rank the 32 Starting QBs in the NFL. Carr ended up #23. Sure, it’s just a social media platform, and a lot of Twitter is casual fans, but that’s about in-line of what Non-Raider Fans think of Carr. Yet you rank him in the 20’s in this subforum, which is a fair ranking (20-21 for me) you get some really offended posters who think it’s a hate post. 

This will be Carrs Third Make of Break Year in a row, and his final one imo. He needs to ball out of control to stay. Which I hope he does, because I don’t wanna use draft capital on a QB. Although just like Joyner, I’m definitely not expecting it. 

At least this year, he has another QB threatening him if he has a wild 4-5 game subpar streak. 

I'd personally rank him around 17

Mahomes

Russ
Rodgers
Watson
Brees
Brady
Jackson
Big Ben

Matt Ryan
Stafford
Wentz
Dak
Cousins

Garropolo
Goff
Tannehill
Carr
Rivers
Darnold
Mayfield
Josh Allen
Teddy B
Trubisky/Foles

(Too young to rank atm)
Drew Lock
Kyler Murray
Minshew
Daniel Jones
Haskins

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Mahomes

Russ
Rodgers
Watson
Brees
Brady
Jackson
Big Ben

Matt Ryan
Stafford
Wentz
Dak
Cousins

Garropolo
Goff
Tannehill
Carr
Rivers
Darnold
Mayfield
Josh Allen
Teddy B
Trubisky/Foles

(Too young to rank atm)
Drew Lock
Kyler Murray
Minshew
Daniel Jones
Haskins

Of those 16 you have ranked ahead of Carr which of those Qb's would you rather start a franchise with?  Brady, Brees wouldn't be on that list because they're 40. 

Also of those 16 you have ranked ahead of Carr many are debatable and all have a much better supporting cast.  Tannehill, Goff, Jimmy G, Cousins, Wentz,, Dak, Ryan, Stafford and Jackson are debatable. 

If you put those QB's on the Raiders last year with their trash roster I would find it hard to believe they would preform any better than Carr did.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Of those 17 you have ranked ahead of Carr which of those Qb's would you rather start a franchise with?  Brady, Brees wouldn't be on that list because they're 40. 

Also of those 16 you have ranked ahead of Carr many are debatable and all have a much better supporting cast.  Tannehill, Goff, Jimmy G, Cousins, Wentz,, Dak, Ryan, Stafford and Jackson are debatable. 

If you put those QB's on the Raiders last year with their trash roster I would find it hard to believe they would preform any better than Carr did.  

🤐

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The improvements Jackson made as a passer last year shows me he's a long term QB in this league. Kid didn't just rely on his athletic gifts ala RG3 or Kap. He put the work in and was deadly as a pocket passer. Only question is if his style of play is sustainable. Even if it isn't - he's a better QB then Derek Carr is today and it shouldn't even be a question.

Jackson beat more playoff teams (5)in his first year starting then Derek Carr (4) has beaten in his entire career. Like cmon man. Ask this question anywhere outside of this forum expect to be ridiculed.

I think you missed the point, in no way shape or form would i argue 2019 Carr is better than 2019 Jackson. Jackson improved hugely as a passer agreed and is a great player, I was responding to BP's post and positing the thought that moving forward is a predominantly running QB going to be able to sustain near that level of play or will he like so many before get found out. I'm not sold he will be able to sustain the Pro Bowl level if play. I'm not sure Carr will be able to raise his play back up to 2016 levels either but I'd like to give him a chance with a quality supporting cast.

To make it absolutely clear, I don't think Carr is as good as Jackson right now, I rate Carr right in the middle of the QB pack with the potential to play at a Pro Bowl level.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think you missed the point, in no way shape or form would i argue 2019 Carr is better than 2019 Jackson. Jackson improved hugely as a passer agreed and is a great player, I was responding to BP's post and positing the thought that moving forward is a predominantly running QB going to be able to sustain near that level of play or will he like so many before get found out. I'm not sold he will be able to sustain the Pro Bowl level if play. I'm not sure Carr will be able to raise his play back up to 2016 levels either but I'd like to give him a chance with a quality supporting cast.

To make it absolutely clear, I don't think Carr is as good as Jackson right now, I rate Carr right in the middle of the QB pack with the potential to play at a Pro Bowl level.

Let us all remind ourselves of the fact that Drew Brees didn't really break out until his 8th year in the league and his 3rd year with the Saints.  I have faith (blind, scared, dwindling hope).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

Let us all remind ourselves of the fact that Drew Brees didn't really break out until his 8th year in the league and his 3rd year with the Saints.  I have faith (blind, scared, dwindling hope).  

It's really all about this year. He should have the continuity and talent that he's lacked. The metrics say he played like a top 10 qb last year. I say he played more like a slightly above average one, but I think his lack of trust in the ragtag guys once AB left definitely put a dent in our season. If he doesn't play well, we can put in Mariota or look to move on. But personally, I think he explodes with the addition of a WR1 and puts that conversation to bed.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 6:55 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Mahomes

Russ
Rodgers
Watson
Brees
Brady
Jackson
Big Ben

Matt Ryan
Stafford
Wentz
Dak
Cousins

Garropolo
Goff
Tannehill
Carr
Rivers
Darnold
Mayfield
Josh Allen
Teddy B
Trubisky/Foles

(Too young to rank atm)
Drew Lock
Kyler Murray
Minshew
Daniel Jones
Haskins

Wow what a liar and lowballing DC. Easily put him above Dak and in there between Ryan and Wentz. Rodgers, Ben, and Brady on the way down. If you include Brees who is in his 40s, DC a top 5- 8 in value for the QB position, 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wow what a liar and lowballing DC. Easily put him above Dak and in there between Ryan and Wentz. Rodgers, Ben, and Brady on the way down. If you include Brees who is in his 40s, DC a top 5- 8 in value for the QB position, 

All the QBs ive listed above DC have either gotten their teams to the playoffs multiple times, have played in and won big games. Sorry i cant put DC and his pretty completion percentage over them when he has won only four games against playoff teams in his career - two of those coming against the great Brock Osweiler and one against our current backup Mariota.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:45 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

All the QBs ive listed above DC have either gotten their teams to the playoffs multiple times, have played in and won big games. Sorry i cant put DC and his pretty completion percentage over them when he has won only four games against playoff teams in his career - two of those coming against the great Brock Osweiler and one against our current backup Mariota.

If playoff success is your metric for being a good QB do you rank QB's like Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson ahead of Dan Marino?  Is Eli Manning and his 2 SB victories a better QB than Brees or Rogers who have 1 each?  

You do realize playoff wins or appearances is not a metric for evaluating a QB success, after all football is a team game last time I checked and the Raiders have had terrible teams.