Steve Wilks will be fired at season's end

Elky

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

This hiring always felt uninspired - almost like they drew a name out of a hat. 

There's a lot to fix in Arizona, but they have a top tier CB, a multi tool RB, an elite pass rusher, a QBOTF and the #1 pick - there's plenty to love as a potential HC/GM (I've got to think Keim is also responsible for a lot of this, he's the one who hired Wilks and "built" this roster) it's a rebuild... but it's also a spot with some upside.

If I'm the guy in charge, I'm also hoping Dwayne Haskins and/or Justin Herbert blows up during scouting season. If one of these guys looks the part in workouts, that #1 pick potentially turns into a future #1 next season along with multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I say screw it and draft Haskins. I knew Rosen would suck; he's Jimmy Clausen 2.0.

On 12/23/2018 at 2:54 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

This seems like a scapegoat move to me. If anything Keim should go.

Well Keim has to pass the blame on someone,  hes going nowhere.

Firing him after 1 season is a Joke really. Or just confirms how much of a cluster that FO really is for Not doing their homework properly. 

On 12/24/2018 at 12:23 AM, CWood21 said:

You'd have to figure that Cleveland is probably the preferred destination for Mac given that a good chunk of their FO consist of former Packers' FO personnel.  Plus, they've got the rookie QB who has shown the most so far.  Right now, they've got 4 picks in the first 96 selections where as the Jets have 3 and the Cardinals have 3 as well.  But I think it's the general talent level in Cleveland is more than Arizona.

Agree. CLE is a better "walk in" HC situation than either AZ or NY. I dont know the FO situation at AZ - but CLE seems to have gotten themselves squared away.
Plus - and I dont know what connection MM still has with Pittsburgh area - but if he's got family/friends there - CLE is a stones throw away.

Me? I'd get outta the winter and get some of that dry heat :)
Gonna run out of water eventually....but probably not for awhile.

Honestly very surprised at how shocked so many people were at Wilks being fired. We'd done much better with trash at QB in the past, Rosen should not have hindered us from winning more than 3 games. Arians had gone 7-8-1 and 8-8 the previous two years with guys like Drew Stanton, chicken winged Palmer and Blaine Gabbert at QB. Going 3-13 with largely the same roster is very pathetic. 

On 1/1/2019 at 1:49 AM, LuckyNumber11 said:

Honestly very surprised at how shocked so many people were at Wilks being fired. We'd done much better with trash at QB in the past, Rosen should not have hindered us from winning more than 3 games. Arians had gone 7-8-1 and 8-8 the previous two years with guys like Drew Stanton, chicken winged Palmer and Blaine Gabbert at QB. Going 3-13 with largely the same roster is very pathetic. 

The defense was considerably worse/less talented IMO. Guys aged, OL was atrocious. I also think Arians was a good HC and got the short end of the stick because of a GM who couldn't get talent.

13 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

The defense was considerably worse/less talented IMO. Guys aged, OL was atrocious. I also think Arians was a good HC and got the short end of the stick because of a GM who couldn't get talent.

Where do you see less talent on our defense? Losing an old Karlos Dansby, old Frostee Rucker and Ty Mathieu was really it, and you replace Mathieu with Tre Boston who had been the better player of the two over the previous 3 years. The hole opposite PP has been there for years. OL has been atrocious. The surprise in firing Wilks just isn't warranted. This year was pathetic, is it all on him? Absolutely not, but someone needs to be blamed. For the record, I would have fired Keim as well. 

Arians retired, not fired by the way. 

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Where do you see less talent on our defense? Losing an old Karlos Dansby, old Frostee Rucker and Ty Mathieu was really it, and you replace Mathieu with Tre Boston who had been the better player of the two over the previous 3 years. The hole opposite PP has been there for years. OL has been atrocious. The surprise in firing Wilks just isn't warranted. This year was pathetic, is it all on him? Absolutely not, but someone needs to be blamed. For the record, I would have fired Keim as well. 

Arians retired, not fired by the way. 

That defense is not talented. That OL is atrocious. He had a rookie QB. Firing Wilks was dumb, I don't think any HC in the league could go in there and produce a wining record.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That defense is not talented. That OL is atrocious. He had a rookie QB. Firing Wilks was dumb, I don't think any HC in the league could go in there and produce a wining record.

Sean McVay could have.

Archived