Where Does Nick Foles Go in 2019?

footbull3196

Which team does Nick Foles go to in 2019?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team does Nick Foles go to in 2019?

12 hours ago, eagles18 said:

How do we know tho. When he’s not coached by Jeff fisher, he’s done a great job 

How do we know..?

Because we've seen him play many games as the starting QB (the first 2 games of the season, 2014 with Chip Kelly following his glorious  2013 run when he came in for Vick)

We literally  have  seen this from Foles multiple times now. The guys a legendary backup QB, and will continue to be one if he is willing to stay where he belongs in Philly.  He isnt best when he's the true number one. 

We need to retain BDN at all costs. He is at his best here as Carson's backup where he's always gonna be revered and loved, and as much as I hope I'm wrong,  backing up a guy who is likely going to miss more games than the average starter.

On a side note, Nick's status as a backup and underdog is why I believe Doug seems to coach so much better when Foles is in.....Whether he means to or not, I think because  he  was literally a backup  himself for so long IN PHILLY, that he sort of favors  Nick or at least is better coaching  him because he can completely relate to his situation 

21 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

How do we know..?

Because we've seen him play many games as the starting QB (the first 2 games of the season, 2014 with Chip Kelly following his glorious  2013 run when he came in for Vick)

We literally  have  seen this from Foles multiple times now. The guys a legendary backup QB, and will continue to be one if he is willing to stay where he belongs in Philly.  He isnt best when he's the true number one. 

We need to retain BDN at all costs. He is at his best here as Carson's backup where he's always gonna be revered and loved, and as much as I hope I'm wrong,  backing up a guy who is likely going to miss more games than the average starter.

On a side note, Nick's status as a backup and underdog is why I believe Doug seems to coach so much better when Foles is in.....Whether he means to or not, I think because  he  was literally a backup  himself for so long IN PHILLY, that he sort of favors  Nick or at least is better coaching  him because he can completely relate to his situation 

in 2014 he was 6-2 as the starter before going down. Thats pretty good. 

Justin Herbert announced he's staying in college, making this QB class even more underwhelming. The next few weeks are going to be interesting. If Foles stinks it up this week and Philly doesn't make the postseason, he'll for sure be somewhere else next year. But if he takes Philly to the divisional round this year (I don't see any way they beat the Saints in NO) then it'll be interesting. Wentz would bring in more compensation but there would be a big market for both.

On 12/25/2018 at 12:14 AM, Jaguarfan said:

Foles is just a younger (slightly better?) Fitzmagic. High highs and low lows, perhaps the best imaginable backup, but in reality not a guy you want for 16 games. 

He'll be starting somewhere desperate next year tho, very well could be my own team. 

This is a great comparison. Agreed.

On 12/25/2018 at 9:29 AM, Danger said:

Yes, but that's not the fault of Wentz. The team needs to look themselves in the mirror and actually give a damn when Wentz is in there. Wentz offers so much more than Foles, if the team actually tried as hard for Wentz as they did for Foles, well, look at how they did last season before Wentz went down. Proof is in the pudding. No one expected Wentz to be a savior in his 2nd season so they were actually still giving it their all. This isn't on Wentz, nor is it on Foles. This is on the rest of the team to do their damn job.

And we need to fire Jim Schwartz. Dude is a bum.

Schwartz went from genius to bum extremely quickly.

5 hours ago, BAConrad said:

How do we know..?

Yeah, I recall Philly fans being fed up with Nick when the Fisher trade went down. In his second year under Kelly, he had turned into a turnover machine. The narrative that he has always been good when not coached by Fisher is revisionist history.

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Would be the Lakers trading Kobe because they have Big Shot Bob 

This is nothing like that.  Robert Horry was a role player and made some big shots throughout his career.  Nick Foles had arguably the greatest postseason run ever last year and he'll be a big piece in the Eagles reaching the postseason this year if they make it.  Foles has carried a HEAVY load last season and this season when he has played.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Schwartz went from genius to bum extremely quickly.

Honestly it became evident during last year's Super Bowl. Our defense is not good unless our front 4 alone can get pressure, if they fail to do so, Jim Schwartz can't scheme his way out of a paper bag.

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

This is nothing like that.  Robert Horry was a role player and made some big shots throughout his career.  Nick Foles had arguably the greatest postseason run ever last year and he'll be a big piece in the Eagles reaching the postseason this year if they make it.  Foles has carried a HEAVY load last season and this season when he has played.

You are correct but ppl in here legitimately saying they should trade the franchise and role with Foles because he’s clutch.  I love Nick but they can’t even begin to go there.  

7 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

You are correct but ppl in here legitimately saying they should trade the franchise and role with Foles because he’s clutch.  I love Nick but they can’t even begin to go there.  

But here's the thing about Carson Wentz.  He was amazing last year and then got hurt.  He has been really good/pretty good this season, but he clearly has not been near the level he was at prior to his injury.  It's tricky because sometimes when young QB's get hurt, you can't just assume they'll bounce back.  Look at Derek Carr, for example.  He hasn't been anywhere near his MVP caliber type season since his injury. 

And now, Wentz is obviously hurt AGAIN and not playing.  Is this really someone you want to lock up with a huge mega deal?  Probably, but some people are starting to become skeptical and you can't really blame them.

Archived