Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lol, reading some of these responses man. How quickly some of ya'll switch up on your "favorite" players. No loyalty in the game. 

tumblr_n2y3trSYTj1qmeeo4o1_500.gif

You must be posting in the wrong  section.  This is the bball section.

Anywho I'm extremely sad to see Irving go.  Easily my favorite modern day player.  Some of you bahstun fans will change your hate to love once you see him up close and personal.  Really sad for me :(

However based on pure logic this is one of those trades that's equitable for both sides.  MAYBE a win for Cleveland depending on how that #1 pick turns out.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So the bucks offered Middleton, brogdon and a first for kyrie. 

Wouldn't have been a bad consolation prize. Still would have wanted more tho. 

Not bad, but getting that BK 2018 1st pick was too hard to pass up. Middleton is really good and Brogdon is impressive, but in the Cavs iso heavy offense, they aren't good enough scorers. The defense would have improved no doubt, but LeBron needs a pure scorer alongside him. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Except Kyrie's never played a playoff game without Lebron.  Hard to judge without the best facilitator in the game.  

Kyrie isn't the type of player who needs someone to facilitate him in order to be successful

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That team didn't have any success until Lebron came back.  

How old was Kyrie Irving during the time period you're referring to - the part where Kyrie Irving was there without LeBron.

Edited by showtime

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Kyrie is a major upgrade in the playoffs based on their career stats there. Kyrie is definitely the better player and is capable of being a good defender, I don't think he'll ever get there but if Brad Stevens can get him to buy in to being even an average defender thats a huuuuuge upgrade over IT. Crowder isn't really a loss as he was going to lose minutes to Brown/Tatum anyway and we had a huge log jam at 3/4.

Nets pick is the big loss, don't know how Cleveland managed to pry that from us when they had zero leverage but we still have the LA pick to play around with.

How did they have 0 leverage?  Other teams were interested and that drove the price up.

Just now, showtime said:

How old was Kyrie Irving during the time period you're referring to.  

Young.  Obviously Kyrie could become the next Harden and really blossom after getting out from under someone else's shadow.  But there's also a chance he can't live up to being "the guy".  He hasn't been successful before in that role.  That's all I'm saying.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

That team didn't have any success until Lebron came back.  

No doubt.  The cavs would have not been where they were the past couple years without Lebron.

But the original argument was Kyrie's play in the playoffs was more effective than IT statistically.  You implied that his playoff stats were inflated by playing with Lebron facilitating him.  When I've watched Kyrie get his in the playoffs he isn't exactly dependent on Lebron to put up those numbers.  He is dependent on Lebron to get that cavs team in the playoffs no doubt but that seems like a different argument from the original one.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Young.  Obviously Kyrie could become the next Harden and really blossom after getting out from under someone else's shadow.  But there's also a chance he can't live up to being "the guy".  He hasn't been successful before in that role.  That's all I'm saying.  

Kyrie Irving at 20 years of age is a completely different player than Kyrie Irving of today.  Also, that Cavaliers team was completely in shambles when Irving was drafted.  How many guys his age would have been successful being the best player on that team?  And finally, I have already said this before, this Celtics team is not a bad team or a one man show.  The Boston Celtics are a really good team.  Irving is not going to have to go out and be a one man band, he has quality teammates and an excellent head coach. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Crowder isn't that good. He had one good year and people think that's what he is. 

He's had 2 very solid years in a row once he was given consistent minutes.  He's a HUGE improvement over what Cleveland had.  Gives them depth, athleticism, and defense...3 things they really lacked last season.  I don't think he'll repeat his 3P% from last season, but if he comes close then he's a huge get as the 3rd wing behind Smith and LeBron.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He's had 2 very solid years in a row once he was given consistent minutes.  He's a HUGE improvement over what Cleveland had.  Gives them depth, athleticism, and defense...3 things they really lacked last season.  I don't think he'll repeat his 3P% from last season, but if he comes close then he's a huge get as the 3rd wing behind Smith and LeBron.

He's gonna get a hell of a lot more open 3s in cleveland than he ever did in Boston. I think he'll shoot better than last year. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Gotta at least ask if they would trade him under any circumstance, especially when you are trading away a player as good as Irving is.  As part of a 3 team trade the offers might've became even better.