Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

5 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I wish I had the patience to check post history of people saying IT is better than Kyrie. Would love to see what the opinion on that was 2-3 months ago. I love IT and everything he did in Boston but come on.

I agree with you. 

IT has always struggled against the Cavs defense, what will he do vs Warriors D? Kyrie is the best 1v1 player in the league and on the Cavs that's all they do. And Kyrie is a much better 1v1 player than IT. 

7 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Kyrie isn't a good defender, wouldn't even call him average. He's still worlds better than IT.

Big fact. At least you could throw 6'3 Irving on Klay and live with the results. Cavs try that with 5'8 IT on Klay and he's dropping 60.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Kyrie isn't a good defender, wouldn't even call him average. He's still worlds better than IT.

I don't know if that's possible. Kyrie is one of the worse defenders I've seen in the NBA. Admittedly, he played Curry tough a couple of years ago.

7 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I don't know if that's possible. Kyrie is one of the worse defenders I've seen in the NBA. Admittedly, he played Curry tough a couple of years ago.

Kyrie is terrible, but I guess his size gives him upside. I mean dude is horrible defensively because he doesn't try. He's like the weakest PnR defender ever. IT is worse I guess, but both are liabilities 

12 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

It is insane how many people claimed IT was not capable of being the guy, a liability in the play offs, not a super star and are now claiming he's just as good, if not better than Kyrie Irving.

Neither IT or Kyrie are capable of being the guy. Not on a championship team at least. IT won't have to be with LeBron there.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Except hes not. Hes every bit as bad as IT, at least Thomas has an excuse, hes 3 feet tall. Kyrie is just lazy and stupid on defense

But at least Stevens is going to get a crack at him

Edited by CrashMan510

Boston set themselves up for a Irving, Hayward, Tatum, Horford core and a strong coach going forward the next few years along with another good draft pick next year. They are still developing and will come out strong the other end of a rough league to play in. 

The Cavs basically got Crowder and a draft pick for when Lebron bails on them. In the meanwhile they can watch Lebron and IT butt heads until both likely ditch the team. I guess they can look forward to another finals loss, only this time they can watch as Lebron tries to rally to keep it close until IT takes a crazy shot that whiffs and kills momentum. No team is a whole lot better, but one team is going in the right direction and one if flailing