Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

The loss of Avery Bradley sucks, but it is still an unknown.  Jaylen Brown could be poised for a breakout season with heavier minutes.  Brown's improved play could make the loss of Bradley easier to handle.  I think the biggest concern for the Celtics is their front count and rebounding.  I really like what the Celtics have on the perimeter. 

22 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Hayward/Kyrie is obviously better tho.

That'd be probably a top-2 perimeter trio.  Maybe I'm overrating AB but I don't think he's a dump-for-cap-space caliber player and don't tell me Marcus Morris is legit.

Ive been on board with Ainge not going in on George/Butler but I think the trading of AB was a mistake.  Maybe they didn't know how bad IT's hip situation was at the time of the Hayward signing otherwise you find another way to clear cap room.  Bradley isn't a star but he's a 2-way guy worth the 20 mil a year he'll get IMO.  

8 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

That'd be probably a top-2 perimeter trio.  Maybe I'm overrating AB but I don't think he's a dump-for-cap-space caliber player and don't tell me Marcus Morris is legit.

Ive been on board with Ainge not going in on George/Butler but I think the trading of AB was a mistake.  Maybe they didn't know how bad IT's hip situation was at the time of the Hayward signing otherwise you find another way to clear cap room.  Bradley isn't a star but he's a 2-way guy worth the 20 mil a year he'll get IMO.  

AB is solid but limited. I believe, and I think Ainge also believes, that it is time for someone with more upside to get the time. hence moving both Crowder (Solid but limited) and Bradley to make room for J Brown and obviously Hayward. Throw Tatum in here as well. Boston went as far as they could with AB and JC. Now make room for the more up-sided players

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I think Boston is going to be sooooo much better than they were last season. Hayward and Kyrie are going to be unbelievable in Brad Stevens system.

I just want to know where the defense will come from for the team outside of brown and smart 

Morris, the Lebron stopper. Rozier, Brown, Smart, Morris, Hayward all play defense. Horford isn't terrible. Interested to see if Kyrie can turn it up with a real coach getting after him.

Brown and Smart both have the ability to be elite defenders. Smart is already close to that, Brown should improve greatly in his second season.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Morris, the Lebron stopper. Rozier, Brown, Smart, Morris, Hayward all play defense. Horford isn't terrible. Interested to see if Kyrie can turn it up with a real coach getting after him.

Brown and Smart both have the ability to be elite defenders. Smart is already close to that, Brown should improve greatly in his second season.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Pretty sure Morris had the best defensive stats against Lebron in the league

#GetWoke

Best defensive stat against Lebron might be good as saying you had the highest grade in your G.E.D. Night class...

heyward is a garbage defender. He had been tourched by CLE for 3 straight series

43 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Best defensive stat against Lebron might be good as saying you had the highest grade in your G.E.D. Night class...

heyward is a garbage defender. He had been tourched by CLE for 3 straight series

Ummm...Hayward is a very solid defensive player.