Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

34 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Ben was actually pretty lackluster this year. Especially the first third of the season. Shuster and Brown were doing the heavy lifting. Both had good years in spite of accuracy issues from Ben. And that is with the Steelers having arguably the best offensive line in the league. 

A lackluster year from Ben is still better than most of the league.

And I agree, Ben definitely had accuracy issues early on....and his deep accuracy was off pretty much all year.

However, like i said, Brown is just pissy because Juju came along and took away alot of his touches.    Brown has become a huge diva over the last few years.     Im not excusing Ben for yapping to the media like an idiot, but the fact is, Brown is selfish AF.    Despite Ben's issues and his chemistry with Brown being off this year, Brown still had a borderline elite year.    He should put things in perspective and realize his numbers would be hard to come by if he was playing with about 24 other starters in this league and maybe more. 

18 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

A lackluster year from Ben is still better than most of the league.

And I agree, Ben definitely had accuracy issues early on....and his deep accuracy was off pretty much all year.

However, like i said, Brown is just pissy because Juju came along and took away alot of his touches.    Brown has become a huge diva over the last few years.     Im not excusing Ben for yapping to the media like an idiot, but the fact is, Brown is selfish AF.    Despite Ben's issues and his chemistry with Brown being off this year, Brown still had a borderline elite year.    He should put things in perspective and realize his numbers would be hard to come by if he was playing with about 24 other starters in this league and maybe more. 

Completely agree. 

16 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

This is only his second year in the NFL. Let's see what his tune is during his 8th year or so. Especially if the Steelers aren't winning at the time, assuming he's still around.

and especially if they keep grossly underachieving and miss many playoffs and fail in most of the rest of the playoffs they make.  

This offseason watch the Jets try recreate that PIT offense in NY.  They sign Bell and try and trade for Brown just watch.  Bell makes sense because they need a RB and have so much money and Brown seems like he would like the NY spotlight even though that could blow up in the Jets face it would certainly be fun to watch with Anderson, Q and Herndon already in place.

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

This offseason watch the Jets try recreate that PIT offense in NY.  They sign Bell and try and trade for Brown just watch.  Bell makes sense because they need a RB and have so much money and Brown seems like he would like the NY spotlight even though that could blow up in the Jets face it would certainly be fun to watch with Anderson, Q and Herndon already in place.

Draft the oline & profit.

I would love that for Darnold tbh.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

All they would need is a quarterback and they'd be set.

=)

15 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm 99% sure he was talking about consistency game to game, not season to season. Ben has definitely been up and down the last few seasons, with several high peak games but some games where he completely sucks. Believe what you will, but he's been streaky.

Also, passer rating is a horrible metric to use for just about everything.

This is exactly what I am talking about. 

Ben's home/away splits the last couple of years are pretty jarring and ha has had a tendency to start slow the last two years and finish strong. He is a top 5 QB, so his numbers are going to even out in the end. But he has just not been consistent since 2015. 

Archived