Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

4 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Wasn't he considered a high character guy before the past couple of years?

He has initially but the last few years it's very much a case of living up to being a bit of a diva WR.

Juju just put up 111 Recs - 1426 Yds - 7TD's. I think yesterday showed that maybe he's not absolutely ready to be a #1 just yet(or just needs the off-season), but add another WR and maybe look to make out like bandits in a trade involving AB?

There is no way that roster should have missed the playoffs. No one even had them and the Colts roster in the same stratosphere heading into this season.

10 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Wasn't he considered a high character guy before the past couple of years?

Not by me. He was always a me guy and Ben and the Steelers fed it. Even after he kicked a punter in the face most of his supporters blamed it on the punter so he was never really held accountable for his actions even though he was fined by the league. He may have still ended up here but coddling him and letting him have his stupid little records and then just running out of bounds to end a half or a game never did sit well with me. Great player while he still has his quickness though. Time is running out and I don't think he is even the best receiver on his team but to be fair it isn't your normal #2 that he is paired with.

18 minutes ago, Starless said:

I've always viewed him as extremely sanctimonious. I can see how that would wear on people.

Le mot juste! Wish I'd thought to use that one, about some of these holier-than-thou players. I've decided to become even more of a judgemental jerk just so's someone will say I'm sanctimonious.

Image result for pious priest image

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If I'm the Bills I offer #9 and probably next years first for it.

For the on field stuff, absolutely.

But his antics and me first attitude and his age I would hate it. Not the kind of receiver we need around Allen who will likely complain when he doesn't get all the throws. Plus he already chose not to be a Buffalo Bill once lol.

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Ben has had a problem with every high profile member of that offense from players to his OC. Maybe it's Ben?

I mean I know if I had to share a locker next to a fat pervert I'd have some issues too. 

But in this case it does seem like AB just doesn't mesh with these guys or the culture in that locker room.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not by me. He was always a me guy and Ben and the Steelers fed it. Even after he kicked a punter in the face most of his supporters blamed it on the punter so he was never really held accountable for his actions even though he was fined by the league. He may have still ended up here but coddling him and letting him have his stupid little records and then just running out of bounds to end a half or a game never did sit well with me. Great player while he still has his quickness though. Time is running out and I don't think he is even the best receiver on his team but to be fair it isn't your normal #2 that he is paired with.

Two of the most asininely ignorant things I have ever heard on this forum...

48 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean I know if I had to share a locker next to a fat pervert I'd have some issues too. 

But in this case it does seem like AB just doesn't mesh with these guys or the culture in that locker room.

There is no culture in our locker room. Le'Veon Bell willingly chose not come back and take a financial hit. AB reportedly sitting out games after an argument with the QB. Our backup Tight End who is a hometown guy contemplating leaving in the off-season and openly speaking to the media? Our Quarterback having a freakin' radio show and calling other players out multiple times a season despite his erratic play? To me it began with Roethlisberger, to be honest. He was the first real "diva" player I could remember the Steelers ever having and the Rooneys and Cowher let him be that way because he was the savior that finally brought up back to relevance with a Super Bowl. Since then we've prioritized talent over character in many capacities.

Archived