DeShone Kizer announced starter

BwickRedux

Kizer was the least clutch QB I've ever seen. We were in a ton of games that year and it seemed like any time we had a chance to win the game late, he'd throw a pass that even Brandon Weeden wouldn't even attempt.

I thought he was decent throughout games for being a rookie QB, but in big moments the dude became an absolute abomination.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Kizer was the least clutch QB I've ever seen. We were in a ton of games that year and it seemed like any time we had a chance to win the game late, he'd throw a pass that even Brandon Weeden wouldn't even attempt.

I thought he was decent throughout games for being a rookie QB, but in big moments the dude became an absolute abomination.

Imagine if he had a coach that actually tailored an offense to his QB though.

On 8/23/2017 at 8:57 AM, MWil23 said:

I'm 100% in favor of this for a few reasons:

1. Brock has done nothing thus far to show he's clearly better than Kizer. Advantage always goes to the rookie over a 6 year vet in these situations, especially with mediocre at best career numbers.

2. I'd like to see what Kizer has all year this year with multiple 1sts again next year and 3 very highly touted QB's available next year most likely (Darnold, Rosen, Allen).

3. Kizer has shown flashes of looking very solid, although he's had rookie moments too (every young QB does it seems).

4. The OL he has in front of him is very capable and solid, so we don't have to worry about him getting worked ala David Carr.

5. For some reason, I've thought all along irrationally that Brock was being showcased in a few games and if he was moderately successful, they'd try to pawn him off for a draft pick/player on another team, eat a portion of his salary, and dump a portion of his salary.

JMHO

This aged well.

Granted, what was the alternative? Brock Osweiler?

The kid wasn't ready and never had a chance. He was likely always a bust waiting to happen, but he never had a chance to be remotely set up for success.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Imagine if he had a coach that actually tailored an offense to his QB though.

Yeah we didn't do him any favors.

...however, I don't think you can fix that kind of unclutchness. That dude should get a permanent tattoo of a turd sliding down his leg to accurately represent his time spent in a Browns uniform.

• Like 1

... Bryce Treggs, Kenny Britt, Kasen Williams, Sammie Coates, returning from injury Corey Coleman, Ricardo Louis, Spencer Drango, Shon Coleman

... Kizer had all the weapons needed to succeed .. he/we should've won tons of games ... lol 

... Asking a rookie QB of Kizer's variety to be a transcendent talent was non-sense

Edited by Mind Character

20 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

... Bryce Treggs, Kenny Britt, Kasen Williams, Sammie Coates, returning from injury Corey Coleman, Ricardo Louis, Spencer Drango, Shon Coleman

... Kizer had all the weapons needed to succeed .. he/we should've won tons of games ... lol 

... Asking a rookie QB of Kizer's variety to be a transcendent talent was non-sense

Nobody was asking him to be a transcendent talent. We were asking him not to throw the ball into quadruple coverage to an imaginary WR. I saw him throw a pick where 4 defenders were literally fighting for the football. No Brown in the area. Plenty of time to throw. And it was with a chance to win the game late. Maybe the New York Giants game?

He was bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Nobody was asking him to be a transcendent talent. We were asking him not to throw the ball into quadruple coverage to an imaginary WR. I saw him throw a pick where 4 defenders were literally fighting for the football. No Brown in the area. Plenty of time to throw. And it was with a chance to win the game late. Maybe the New York Giants game?

He was bad.

Yup. No one is denying that he was put in a bad situation, but Kizer might be the dumbest QB I've ever seen. He had all of the physical tools and could wow you with some of the throws he could make, but for every good throw/decision he made, he would make about five horrendous ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yup. No one is denying that he was put in a bad situation, but Kizer might be the dumbest QB I've ever seen. He had all of the physical tools and could wow you with some of the throws he could make, but for every good throw/decision he made, he would make about five horrendous ones.

He should've never played his first year... everyone paying attention knew this... his college coaches, evaluators....

His confidence and self-belief were broken at the end of Notre Dame's season...

Of all the QBs, he needed to sit but if he had to play it had to be with a group that could support him...

Mahomes got the benefit of the whole year and at the outset of the season even in preseason he could barely take a snap under center...

Kizer was bad and we put him in a bad situation ..