2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

To be fair he did this all season long no matter the competition. 

I know.  I played ball at Bloomington North and just like to have fun at my old neighborhood teams expense whenever I get a chance.  I think they have had 1 .500+season since I went to high school there and I do not know if they have been top 25 since I have been alive.

On 1/13/2019 at 2:56 PM, RaidersAreOne said:
Could be another QB teams want to trade up for which is nice for us. Honestly Murray has one of the highest ceilings I have seen for a QB. Good thrower and looks like Tyreek Hill with the ball in his hands (pushing it but he is freaking electric). His height is the only knock but it is a legit concern if he measures in at 5'9. 

If you feel this way, would you have a problem with trading Carr and taking Murray at 4?

56 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Hoping Devin Bush last to 24 or 27.

He definitely will. In fact, don't count out any linebacker, including Devin White, making it to the end of the first. The NFL typically doesn't view linebacker as a premium position, and I don't think any this year are as good as the top 3 from last year's class.

20 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If you feel this way, would you have a problem with trading Carr and taking Murray at 4?

I wouldn't because there is still a chance he ends up in the MLB imo. Sure he "declared" and can be drafted, but there is nothing making him stay in the NFL. If he gets drafted by a bad situation/doesn't like the fit, he can easily just pack it up and change leagues.

If we got a great package for Carr though, I wouldn't mind shipping him off and getting a Haskins or stopgap until next years draft. It all depends on how we do in FA.

43 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I’m sure this question wasn’t directed to me but i still would like to put in my two cents. Personally i think it’s a risk due to his size. D-line men the have 6-9 inches on him and 70-100 lbs are going to be a factor. I personally don’t like running QBs because the have a smaller shelf life because when they slow down they are going to be super ineffective. 

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

I'm warming up go Gary but at 24. 

4. Williams/allen

24. Sweat / gary

27. Nkeal harry

2nd: Jacobs

Gary won't be there at 24. The more I watch, the less I mind him at 4. He will test like an unreal athlete at the combine. I feel like his floor is a Jadaveon Clowney type run defender who consistently gets pressure. He's an elite talent. 

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

He definitely will. In fact, don't count out any linebacker, including Devin White, making it to the end of the first. The NFL typically doesn't view linebacker as a premium position, and I don't think any this year are as good as the top 3 from last year's class.

IMO, the arrow is pointing up on the LB position. Roquan Smith went 8 overall and looked sensational in their playoff game. LVE (taken 19) was ridiculous, looks like a future star. Darius Leonard was an All-pro who teams slept on. Why does all this matter? Because in todays NFL, you have to have LBs who can run, cover and blitz and the NFL GM's will see that, see these guys success and be looking for that piece.

To the bold, that's judging off an NFL season. You wouldn't find anyone who said LVE is better than White last year. White is on the level with Roquan. 

Archived