2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He didn't have any impact. 1 sack, some pressure at times but grew as the season went on. He's getting better, but his impact was nil in year 1.

he made plenty of pressures and QB hits... wasn't his fault Qbs could easily maneuver out of harms way without any other pass rush threat.. Hurst had his moments, but wasn't all world

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

He didn't have any impact. 1 sack, some pressure at times but grew as the season went on. He's getting better, but his impact was nil in year 1.

I think he showed who he can be though. His qb hits at one point close to the end of the season was within 5-10 of the best in the league. I think he can be at least a good complimentary rusher, which is a hit for a late 3rd rounder.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think he showed who he can be though. His qb hits at one point close to the end of the season was within 5-10 of the best in the league. I think he can be at least a good complimentary rusher, which is a hit for a late 3rd rounder.

He's no mack, but flashed that complimentary rusher ceiling....

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree. He looks good for the future. Has to get stronger at the point of attack. 

I was just saying he didn't have any impact. When I think impact, I think guys who make consistent plays. That wasn't Key as a rookie

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree. He looks good for the future. Has to get stronger at the point of attack. 

I was just saying he didn't have any impact. When I think impact, I think guys who make consistent plays. That wasn't Key as a rookie

Oh definitely not. Sure beats Jihad Ward and Calhoun though.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

White isn't worth a top 5 pick. I'd much rather have Devin Bush Jr with one of our late firsts or second-round pick than White in the top 5.

Crazy talk.  He's considered the 4th best prospect by many.  

Bosa

Q

Allen

White....

It can't be proven one way or another, but the kid is a grade A football player and a hell of an athlete.  

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Crazy talk.  He's considered the 4th best prospect by many.  

Bosa

Q

Allen

White....

It can't be proven one way or another, but the kid is a grade A football player and a hell of an athlete.  

By who? I've seen him ranked consistently 20-25.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That's pretty lazy analysis. Key killed his pro day and is explosive in his first step and good change of direction. You're reaching if you think his 40 time is the issue. He's been in good position, just needs to finish which is a challenge for a lot of rookies. 

And let's not forget he was playing nearly every down and wasn't ready for that role. 

FWIW I like key but he’s limited even his 10yrd split of 1.78 is worse than most 300+ lb dts 

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018DL.php

only thing he “killed” on his pro day was the 3 cone drill. Unless I missed something please enlighten me. 

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Key was ineffective this year until a few flashes toward the end and some scheme stuff that helped him out. Honestly, I don't even like him as a complementary rusher. He's not explosive and he's not strong--pretty much the kiss of death if you want to rush the passer.

On an unrelated note, I came across some YouTube videos of Colorado State WR Preston Williams. He's a transfer from Tennessee who looks like the real deal. Apparently he got into some trouble at Tennesse which prompted the transfer--haven't really looked into it.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

FWIW I like key but he’s limited even his 10yrd split of 1.78 is worse than most 300+ lb dts 

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018DL.php

only thing he “killed” on his pro day was the 3 cone drill. Unless I missed something please enlighten me. 

Mayock said he killed it in his positional drills.  Kind of funny now.  He said the biggest problem he had was not his speed but getting teams to trust him.

Gotta say this I’m hella happy for my squad Kentucky for finally not only getting a 10 win season but getting to a bowl and winning it vs a good penn st squad. Props to josh for staying I think dude was 200 lb when he got there. Props to snell for the rushing record. My squad finally is making some noise. Uk>ul for life

rant over

Archived