New Years Mock

Johnny Nix

19 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

26. Texans- Greg Little OT Ole Miss

Sign me up for this.

54. Texans- Tyler Biadasz C Wisconsin

I wouldn't mind, but C Nick Martin has been good. If this precludes Martin transitioning to G (which might not be the best, he's lacks his brothers' athleticism) then OK. 

I'd much prefer Chris Lindstrom at the spot. 

58. Texans- Damien Harris RB Alabama

Not the worst pickup, but I think the Texans will address this in FA given the depth of talent available at the position. CB is a major need, so that's a potential pickup here. Demaryius Thomas is probably done and Will Fuller can't stay healthy, so WR could also be looked at here.

23 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

29. Patriots- Derrick Brown DT Auburn

60. Patriots- Oshane Ximines DE ODU

61. Patriots- Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson

1) Love it. Would shore up a lot.

2) Love it. 

3) Don't like it. Would prefer either WR, TE or LB here.

I don't hate the players for the Packers but to get through the first two rounds and haven't addressed edge, S, or OL would be really disappointing.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, johndeere1707 said:

ROUND 1

12. Packers- Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi State

32. Packers (from Saints)- DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss

ROUND 2

44. Packers- Devin Bush OLB Michigan

DT isn't a huge need with Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, Dean Lowry, and Montravius Adams in the fold.  They also could bring Wilkerson back on another 1 year deal.

WR could be upgraded but you don't pay a QB the kind of money we paid Rodgers and then need ot go out and use high draft capital on a WR.  the point of paying him all that $ is for him to do more with less at the WR position, ala Tom Brady.

OLB is a huge need but more so an edge rusher than a 4-3 type OLB.  I love Bush but he would play ILB for us, which I wouldn't mind in that case.

As an alternative I would go:

12. Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida - This is arguably our #1 need (if you still want to go DL I would go with Gary from Michigan as he could provide some pass rush)

32. Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida - Bulaga's replacement and good value here.

44. Tyler Biadasz C Wisconsin - If he decides to declare he will probably be the #1 interior OL in the draft so this would be a great value spot and a position of need as he can kick to OG if needed.

In the 3rd I would target a S or TE.

1. There is a 99.9 percent Chance Seattle trades down at least once [wouldn't surprise me if they trade down 2-3 times]

2. Seattle needing to draft OL is an old, dead meme. Duane Brown singed a decent extension, and Ifedi is still locked in at RT [and under contract still]. 

Seattle needs help along the defensive line. Its was the their weakest unit this year, Frank Clark is a FA, Jarran Reed is a FA after next year. Beyond those two, Seattle is relying on JAGs and filler. Schneider also has a knack for going impact offensive players in their early picks [P.Richardson, Michael, Penny, Lockett]. 

On 1/1/2019 at 1:00 PM, johndeere1707 said:

12. Packers- Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi State

Given the way the board shook out, you probably go corner here with Greedy Williams or whoever the top ranked CB is at that point.  You move Josh Jackson to safety, or leave him as the dime corner.  But a trio of Greedy, Kevin King, and Jaire Alexander is going to be strong.  IF Jachai Polite fits the physical thresholds, he probably could be the pick here as well.  Not sure he will though.

2. Packers (from Saints)- DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss

If they're taking a DL, it's more likely to be here.  They could go all kinds of ways here with Zach Allen (Boston College) and Jawaan Taylor (Florida) as the most likely choices.

44. Packers- Devin Bush OLB Michigan

Pretty sure he doesn't fit the physical profile the Packers want in their OLB's in Pettine's scheme.  And they drafted their "smaller" speedy ILB last year in Oren Burks.  I'd go take Oshane Ximines here instead.  He's going to be good.

Archived