BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

@PR @SirA1 @BringinDaPain @Whicker @wwhickok (yeah I know you're not part of this ST but I don't want to exclude you haha) @Counselor @bcb1213 @Jlash @pheltzbahr @MD4L @Ragnarok @WFLukic @SwoleXmad @Hockey5djh @RuskieTitan

I messed up by not giving a end of the ST date. Usually no new bids are accepted beyond the Sunday night. Because the topic was addressed late Sunday and that PR already placed bids on Monday morning it wouldn't be fair to him to cancel those bids imho. I'd say: no news bids can be placed after 11:59pm ET tonight. Does anyone have any objection?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Are you guys looking to switch to a 24 hour clock, if so when?

In a vacuum, not against it.

That being said, I think a fair way of doing this would be to say. Every bid over 24h comes to an even 24h clock. Every bid under keeps his current clock. And I think it would be a bit of mess clearing this up.

If there are still a lot of bids open by Wed. night, I think it would be time to decide on either going to a 24hr clock, let things run its course or finding another way to close Shark Tank

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

@PR @SirA1 @BringinDaPain @Whicker @wwhickok (yeah I know you're not part of this ST but I don't want to exclude you haha) @Counselor @bcb1213 @Jlash @pheltzbahr @MD4L @Ragnarok @WFLukic @SwoleXmad @Hockey5djh @RuskieTitan

I messed up by not giving a end of the ST date. Usually no new bids are accepted beyond the Sunday night. Because the topic was addressed late Sunday and that PR already placed bids on Monday morning it wouldn't be fair to him to cancel those bids imho. I'd say: no news bids can be placed after 11:59pm ET tonight. Does anyone have any objection?

This is fair. Might wanna extend that to the morning though for our overseas people. 

9 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

In a vacuum, not against it.

That being said, I think a fair way of doing this would be to say. Every bid over 24h comes to an even 24h clock. Every bid under keeps his current clock. And I think it would be a bit of mess clearing this up.

If there are still a lot of bids open by Wed. night, I think it would be time to decide on either going to a 24hr clock, let things run its course or finding another way to close Shark Tank

That's cool just let me know if you need me to do anything with the workbook on that end.  

Also worth noting that you can turn off the form so that bids can't be received.

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

That's cool just let me know if you need me to do anything with the workbook on that end.  

Also worth noting that you can turn off the form so that bids can't be received.

yeah but existing bids can be upped. It's just we can't go after players not bid yet