packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Segment on PTI was about Coach of the year nominees and they mentioned Peyton (NOLA 6+1) and Reich (INDY 4+2).

Not that it matters at this juncture.....but wondered why MLF wasnt worth this discussion.

You could say the GBP turnaround exceeds that of these two teams no?

The difference is that those other two coaches have won with backup QBs, while the Packers have Aaron Rodgers. But I agree that LaFleur should've at least been mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

The difference is that those other two coaches have won with backup QBs, while the Packers have Aaron Rodgers. But I agree that LaFleur should've at least been mentioned. 

Ahhh there ya go. Hadnt thought about that angle.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Haha I think he's kiiindve a dork. Not a bad thing though and the players seem to enjoy him. Got an "I appreciate you" out of Rodgy.

Most important thing is it doesnt look to big for him, but having aaron rodgers helps a bit.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

MiLF had some real beauties for playcalls that he's been setting up for a few weeks here. Like the fake WR screen, RB screen at 9:54 in the 2nd Q. The ILB bit so hard on the Allison screen, that we've shown multiple times, it's silly.

I wish his name was Michael or something so people would call him MiLF.

14 hours ago, Greg C. said:

Agree with the difference.

Disagree about him being mentioned.  I think he was in a little (key word "little") no win situation.  If he bombs, Rodgers is sabotaging him.  If he does well?  Of course he is, he has Aaron Rodgers!

I kind of like him flying under the radar.

18 hours ago, Leader said:

Segment on PTI was about Coach of the year nominees and they mentioned Peyton (NOLA 6+1) and Reich (INDY 4+2).

Not that it matters at this juncture.....but wondered why MLF wasnt worth this discussion.

There's a poster on another site trying to tell me Lafluer is better than only Kitchens, Marrone, and Taylor. Yikes

Just now, smetana34 said:

There's a poster on another site trying to tell me Lafluer is better than only Kitchens, Marrone, and Taylor. Yikes

Opinions are opinions. Honest or motivated, who knows or cares. He's obviously done a good job and his name popped in to my head listening to the TV segment - not that he was in fact HC of the year - I'd actually not given it any thought - but in comparison to those mentioned, I wondered why he wouldnt be. The 2018 GBPs were *clearly* in worse shape than the Saints or Colts and the 2019 version has an equal if not better record.

Now it's been mentioned that the Saint/Colts are doing it this year with backup QBs....so there's that.

In any case, just thought I'd mention it.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, Leader said:

Luck retired and Brees is hurt.