packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

8 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm disappointed for a number of reasons. Obviously disappointed with being wrong. And I'm disappointed with the hire. Going all the way back to November the Packer exec gave me 3 names which I shared here: Matt Campbell, Matt LaFleur, and Dan Campbell in that order of who Murphy liked most at the time. That was following his initial background work. It was an exec from another NFC team that was sure the choice would be McDaniels. I shared that here as well. This whole past month I've been under the strong impression that if this hire came down to Gute's choice it would be McDaniels. LaFleur was a Murphy guy as far as I understood. What disappoints me most is that it seems Murphy is still running the show.

I'll try to be hopeful but I don't feel good about this for many reasons. It seems like LaFleur sold them (or Murphy at least) on continuity and keeping much of the current staff. I felt like they needed a complete overhaul. And I wasn't at all impressed with LaFleur's one year calling plays.

With that said, I was so sure in my source on McDaniels that I wrote a check with my mouth that I couldn't cash. In keeping my word, I will post here no more. I should have listened to my Packers guy.

Go Pack

That's a crap outcome for the board.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm disappointed for a number of reasons. Obviously disappointed with being wrong. And I'm disappointed with the hire. Going all the way back to November the Packer exec gave me 3 names which I shared here: Matt Campbell, Matt LaFleur, and Dan Campbell in that order of who Murphy liked most at the time. That was following his initial background work. It was an exec from another NFC team that was sure the choice would be McDaniels. I shared that here as well. This whole past month I've been under the strong impression that if this hire came down to Gute's choice it would be McDaniels. LaFleur was a Murphy guy as far as I understood. What disappoints me most is that it seems Murphy is still running the show. I'll try to be hopeful but I don't feel good about this for many reasons. It seems like LaFleur sold them (or Murphy at least) on continuity and keeping much of the current staff. I felt like they needed a complete overhaul. And I wasn't at all impressed with LaFleur's one year calling plays. With that said, I was so sure in my source on McDaniels that I wrote a check with my mouth that I couldn't cash. In keeping my word, I will post here no more. I should have listened to my Packers guy. Go Pack

If necessary Anon.....I absolve you of your transgressions :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm disappointed for a number of reasons. Obviously disappointed with being wrong. And I'm disappointed with the hire. Going all the way back to November the Packer exec gave me 3 names which I shared here: Matt Campbell, Matt LaFleur, and Dan Campbell in that order of who Murphy liked most at the time. That was following his initial background work. It was an exec from another NFC team that was sure the choice would be McDaniels. I shared that here as well. This whole past month I've been under the strong impression that if this hire came down to Gute's choice it would be McDaniels. LaFleur was a Murphy guy as far as I understood. What disappoints me most is that it seems Murphy is still running the show.

I'll try to be hopeful but I don't feel good about this for many reasons. It seems like LaFleur sold them (or Murphy at least) on continuity and keeping much of the current staff. I felt like they needed a complete overhaul. And I wasn't at all impressed with LaFleur's one year calling plays.

With that said, I was so sure in my source on McDaniels that I wrote a check with my mouth that I couldn't cash. In keeping my word, I will post here no more. I should have listened to my Packers guy.

Go Pack

I'm giving you special dispensation to continue to post. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Go Pack

Its not the end of the world!

Let's see what kind of staff he can build. I think we're being a bit presumptuous. If Pettine stays, I don't think that's bad. But the Packers definitely need a better ST coach and LaFleur has to get the OC and QB coach spots correct. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

If necessary Anon.....I absolve you of your transgressions :)

Lol, you were the first person I had in mind when it came to keeping my word. We'll see. I'm definitely giving myself a timeout from posting and gonna resume lurking. I felt a level of pressure to be right with the info I shared that I don't even feel in my profession. I need a break from this Packers drama. Glad this is all over at least.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol, you were the first person I had in mind when it came to keeping my word. We'll see. I'm definitely giving myself a timeout from posting and gonna resume lurking. I felt a level of pressure to be right with the info I shared that I don't even feel in my profession. I need a break from this Packers drama. Glad this is all over at least.

No need to be right, just genuine. This is mostly just opinion. Your opinion is more informed than many, and we enjoy it.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Its been a long year with a lot of ups, downs and close but no cigars.
Time out / off is probably a good idea for quite a few of us.

The staff is what matters now.

Hopefully LF doesnt keep everybody around and we get an infusion of new blood. If he keeps Philbin as OC this is gonna feel like buying a new car with 10,000 miles on it already. Time will tell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

wow. if lafleur essentially keeps the entire staff in tact my grade goes from a B to a D-. 

i agree with keeping pettine, but philbin and zook 100% need to go.

I  agree with this.  Mike McCarthy wasn't the only issue with this team last year.  Swapping him for LaFleur while keeping the rest of the staff does absolutely nothing.  The offensive staff needs to be blown up and recreated.  I'm fine with keeping Pettine if that's what management wants to do but their setting the new coach up to fail by handcuffing him with a coching staff who did a pretty awful job this last season.  

Might as well start planning for our new coach and front office if that's true.  

7 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

wow. if lafleur essentially keeps the entire staff in tact my grade goes from a B to a D-. 

i agree with keeping pettine, but philbin and zook 100% need to go.

i'll be disappointed with this, too.

MM was the strength of our staff. Would be gross if we got rid of him and kept most of the rest. blech