packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

20 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Bringing in someone who had the 12th DVOA when you fired someone for having the 7th DVOA with a hobbled Rodgers and depleted WR Corp didn’t sit well WITH ME.

Thus I didn’t want Monken in any final interviews.

LaFleur while your correct, didn’t have the length of resume as OC as Monken, was caught up in the McVay hype train. Thus was my dark hose candidate to get through.

Dont get me wrong, not excited about this move at all. Like I told you then. THINKING Who will get through and WANTING are two different things.

I wanted JMD....if LaFleur doesn’t work out. Murphy will be on the hot seat. (Hopefully)

Since we’re both packer fans (I think), let’s hope this works out.

They also had Mariota whom is worse than a hobbled Rodgers that had accuracy issues this year. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This whole past month I've been under the strong impression that if this hire came down to Gute's choice it would be McDaniels. LaFleur was a Murphy guy as far as I understood. What disappoints me most is that it seems Murphy is still running the show.

Sounds about right. Murphy always needs to get his way, and he wanted a "yes man" for him to control. Told you @Pugger Murphy is an arrogant control freak. 

I think we’ll need to be patient with Matt.  He’s 39, moved around a lot, and has zero head coaching experience in the NFL.  There’s going to be a learning curve.  I really hope the Packer faithful give him a chance and go in with reasonable expectations.  

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I think we’ll need to be patient with Matt.  He’s 39, moved around a lot, and has zero head coaching experience in the NFL.  There’s going to be a learning curve.  I really hope the Packer faithful give him a chance and go in with reasonable expectations.  

As long as he wins the Super Bowl next year I'll be patient with him. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You wanted Dan Campbell. Sit this one out, bud.

i made this thread you're in my house now. wanted a coach that would have the ability to make the other coach feel insecure about his masculinity & place on food chain when he saw him get off the bus. matt lefleur does not satisfy that curriculum.  

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Bahahaha! Never happen. First loss somebody is gonna scream for his head.

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

They are looking long term, he's a Kizer whisperer....

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

If he doesn’t make the playoffs....Fire him

AR doesn’t have time for LaFleur to find himself. I would keep LaFleur on a short leash....2 years max. 

JMD for head coach 2021!

Posted this in the thread #41 on the coaching position

Went with LaFleur

He has been on a nice collection of coaching staffs

Gary Kubiak, Sean McVay, Mike Shanahan (Kyle Shanahan), Mike Vrabel

Looking at someone that has had exposure to a lot of differing views and systems, takes the best of each and molds his own system.   whether that will be a good one is the unknown.

Like the diversity of offenses that LaFleur has been around.  Kubiak, McVay, Shanahan

• Like 2

Just now, FinneasGage said:

i made this thread you're in my house now. wanted a coach that would have the ability to make the other coach feel insecure about his masculinity & place on food chain when he saw him get off the bus. matt lefleur does not satisfy that curriculum.  

Well, now I see you are a member of Globo Gym.