packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Things I’m curious to know:  what actually happened with McDaniels?  Did he bomb his interview, was he offered the job and rejected the offer, was he never really all that high on Gute and Murphy’s list, etc?  We may never know, but I’m damn curious.

I wonder if the "McDaniels is the top HC get" talk in the media was motivated primarily by McDaniels or his agent feeding stuff to their sources in the media.  I mean, teams generally aren't likely to spill the beans on who they want to hire, since this benefits them not at all.

• Like 2

Just now, gopackgo27 said:

That, or LaFleur just came in & killed it, which I think is more likely.

I’m sure he did, but with all the hype about McDaniels and Gute’s connection to him, I’m sure there’s more to the story.  Honestly, it’s irrelevant now, but I’m just damn curious.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I’m sure he did, but with all the hype about McDaniels and Gute’s connection to him, I’m sure there’s more to the story.  Honestly, it’s irrelevant now, but I’m just damn curious.

they actually came to an agreement with McDaniels but he backed out after we had already signed contracts with several assistants. Classic McDaniels

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Things I’m curious to know:  what actually happened with McDaniels?  Did he bomb his interview, was he offered the job and rejected the offer, was he never really all that high on Gute and Murphy’s list, etc?  We may never know, but I’m damn curious.

My guess is that he wanted control he couldn’t have. He has been around systems where the coach has control over personnel. That, and GB may have really valued keeping Pettine and kept it as a preference.

”Frog” made me laugh. “Friggin’ Frog” will be my go to epithet when Coach makes me mad. 

Wasn’t Guy LeFleur a character on Most Extreme Elimination Challenge?

“Right you are, Ken!”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

One thing about McD that might hinder his chances is his success with NE is huge and a big part of his allure.  In his interviews, he would need to share a lot of insight on how he would create success away from that organization.  Doing it the NE way likely does not sell well when most likely view BB as the genius behind that operation and the lack of success other BB coaches have had around the NFL.  Sometimes it is hard to get out of that impressive shadow of success

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

My guess is that he wanted control he couldn’t have. He has been around systems where the coach has control over personnel. That, and GB may have really valued keeping Pettine and kept it as a preference.

”Frog” made me laugh. “Friggin’ Frog” will be my go to epithet when Coach makes me mad. 

“Right you are, Ken!”

Guy LeFleur was a badass!

15 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

“Right you are, Ken!”

86511b327efcb50db18fd17aadbae3ac.jpg