packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

32 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Mac was a lot things, but an eloquent speaker he was not!  In fact, I used to cringe at his press conferences - he speaks in incomplete sentences and smacks his lips.  Drove me nuts.  Good coach though.

See, I disagree. Maybe articulate is a better word than eloquent, but I always enjoyed listening to McCarthy talk about football and leadership. I believe a lot of young men benefited under his tutelage and communication style. I hope LaFleur can bring some of that.

43 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The only people in Nashville who wear cowboy boots are wannabe country singers and tourists.  Same with cowboy hats.

So you're saying the "real" country singers don't wear cowboy boots? What exactly is a wanna-be country singer? 

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

See, I disagree. Maybe articulate is a better word than eloquent, but I always enjoyed listening to McCarthy talk about football and leadership. I believe a lot of young men benefited under his tutelage and communication style. I hope LaFleur can bring some of that.

Where did all of those screwy Â’s come from, LOL!

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

So you're saying the "real" country singers don't wear cowboy boots? What exactly is a wanna-be country singer? 

You usually don't see them walking around downtown Nashville.  I meant the singers you see in the honky tonks downtown.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

You usually don't see them walking around downtown Nashville.  I meant the singers you see in the honky tonks downtown.

Right. And those aren't real country singers? Most of those musicians on Lower Broadway are better than the artists on the radio. Maybe I'm reading you wrong.

Edited by Slinky

Just now, Slinky said:

Right. And those aren't real country singers? Most of those musicians on Lower Broadway are better than the artists on the radio. 

The term wannabe means the people who want to be big name country singers.  Not that they're crap.  I've worked as a bouncer in a number of those bars over the years, I grew up in the music business, and I have actually worked in the music business and I agree that a number are better than what you hear on the radio.  However, they are not yet big name singers for various reasons.

Wannabe does have a bad connotation so I could have used a better term.  

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

The term wannabe means the people who want to be big name country singers.  Not that they're crap.  I've worked as a bouncer in a number of those bars over the years, I grew up in the music business, and I have actually worked in the music business and I agree that a number are better than what you hear on the radio.  However, they are not yet big name singers for various reasons.

Wannabe does have a bad connotation so I could have used a better term.  

Gotcha. Like I said I may have been reading you wrong.