packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Just watched a few interviews/press conferences with LaFleur. Strikes me as a bit of a nervous talker. Definitely not as eloquent as McCarthy, although I don't recall what McCarthy sounded like when he came to Green Bay. Really looking forward to his introductory press conference and hearing him talk about the Packers.

Edited by Lodestar

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Just watched a few interviews with Lafleur. He strikes me as a bit of a nervous talker. Definitely not as eloquent as McCarthy, although I don't recall what McCarthy sounded like when he came to Green Bay. Really looking forward to his introductory press conference and hearing him talk about the Packers.

Mac was a lot things, but an eloquent speaker he was not!  In fact, I used to cringe at his press conferences - he speaks in incomplete sentences and smacks his lips.  Drove me nuts.  Good coach though.

4 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I don't recall what McCarthy sounded like when he came to Green Bay.

This is the cleaned up version of his intro mission statement 13 years ago

THE FOUNDATION FOR THE NEW DIRECTION OF THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WILL BE CONSTRUCTED WITH THREE KEY COMPONENTS OF OBTAINING "PACKER PEOPLE," CREATING "STABLE STRUCTURE" AND CONCENTRATING ON "CHARACTER AND CHEMISTRY."

A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT WILL BE CREATED WITH "LEADERSHIP" THAT KEEPS ITS EYE ON THE TARGET OF ESTABLISHING A CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL TEAM.

THE DIRECTION WILL BE FUELED WITH CONSTANT COMMUNICATION TO ENSURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD. WE WILL ATTACK THE VOYAGE WITH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM TO OVERCOME THE OBSTACLES THAT WE WILL ENCOUNTER.

THIS VISION IS ENHANCED WITH RESOURCES AND TRADITION THAT STANDS IN THE FOREFRONT OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS.

I AM HONORED AND PRIVILEGED FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEAD THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ON A NEW JOURNEY BACK TO THE PINNACLE THAT BEARS THE NAME OF "COACH LOMBARDI

I didn’t read through all your thread but I did some. Big titans fan here. The only reason any of us are sad about losing him is because giving Marcus continuity and now he has to learn another system. I personally don’t think he’s ready to be a head coach. He wasn’t that great this year for us. After losing Delanie and having scrub receivers I think he could do well with a thriving offense but I wasn’t sold on him as OC and personally I’m glad he’s gone. He was very green this year for a oc had a lot of up and downs. He relied to much on the run when we had no running game this first 3 quarters of the season. He would throw in some new stuff we didn’t see with mularkeys crap offense but all in all we didn’t improve much under him. I wish you guys well but everything you guys are praising from his past I read we did as well last year and we didn’t see much of any improvement. He wouldve gotten a job next year because of the oc trend and finding the next McVay so I don’t think it’s a reach hire but at the same time I don’t see him as a leader that a coach should be. Just my two cents from a loyal titan fan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

This is the cleaned up version of his intro mission statement 13 years ago

THE FOUNDATION FOR THE NEW DIRECTION OF THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WILL BE CONSTRUCTED WITH THREE KEY COMPONENTS OF OBTAINING "PACKER PEOPLE," CREATING "STABLE STRUCTURE" AND CONCENTRATING ON "CHARACTER AND CHEMISTRY."

A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT WILL BE CREATED WITH "LEADERSHIP" THAT KEEPS ITS EYE ON THE TARGET OF ESTABLISHING A CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL TEAM.

THE DIRECTION WILL BE FUELED WITH CONSTANT COMMUNICATION TO ENSURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD. WE WILL ATTACK THE VOYAGE WITH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM TO OVERCOME THE OBSTACLES THAT WE WILL ENCOUNTER.

THIS VISION IS ENHANCED WITH RESOURCES AND TRADITION THAT STANDS IN THE FOREFRONT OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS.

I AM HONORED AND PRIVILEGED FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEAD THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ON A NEW JOURNEY BACK TO THE PINNACLE THAT BEARS THE NAME OF "COACH LOMBARDI

He would type in all caps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I never understood or respected the “take the big gains” out of the stats argument.  You can’t penalize them for huge runs. They’re a good thing including 99 yarders.  

I don't penalize Henry for 99 yarder. What I meant is that Henry looked to be quite ineffective while given plenty of carries in the beginning of the season (Lewis had much better stats the first three games). It doesn't look like Henry's situation was anywhere near Aaron Jones's. where a productive runner was given very few carries until late in the season. It looks more like Henry suddenly became productive in the last 4-6 weeks. I didn't watch a single Titans game though so it's all "box score scouting".

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

As someone from the upper Midwest, it gets up to -30 and -40 around here and windy as heck. It’s not just about the snow.

Fair enough.  My grandparents lived in the north woods of Wisconsin when I was a kid and the trees broke up the wind so I just remember glorious snow.