packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

Really wanted Monken, Rap said he finished second. That instills more faith from me that this could be the right choice, but at this point I really have no idea. 

I like Monken as well, but looking at LaFleur vs Monken, there are some things that are definitely in DLF's favour: 

- more NFL experience (10 yrs for DLF vs 7 for Monken)
- LaFleur worked for/with Kubiak, M Shanahan, McVay in the NFL.....Monken worked with Jack Del Rio and Dirk Koetter. 
- LaFleur was a QB coach/OC for 8 of his 10 yrs in the NFL; Monken coached WRs for 4 yrs, was OC in TB for 3. 

I can see why a GM/owner might lean towards LaFleur if that stuff is part of the consideration (and I don't know that it should be a MAJOR part, but it should at least be on the radar). 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Gallup is wrong.  80’s babies are NOT snake people.  Babies born in the new millennium are snake people imo. 

I think you're confusing "millennial" as a shorthand for "kids these days" and "millennial" as "the generation which comes after Generation X in demographics research."  As far as I can see it, the gulf between the two has been widening for a while.  College kids these days are Gen Z, not Millennials.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Many consider Graham and Montgomery as ascending defensive coaches and we all know about Joe Whitt, so I'd be stoked to bring them all back.

If I have to sacrifice James Campen to get an offensive staff that's more than just Mac's friend group that has no chance of ever seeing an external promotion, so be it. Time to bring in and develop offensive minds and when we lose them, do it all over again.

Agree with this entirely.

46 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Still don't know what I think.  Will have to listen to him speak before I can form an opinion.  Does he have an introductory press meeting or anything scheduled?

Kinda where I am at.  Only thing I have found is Matt Miller over at B/R said he has been know as a brilliant offense mind in coaching circles.  For whatever it's worth.  

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Calling @Mr Anonymous, did your sources see this one coming?

I'm disappointed for a number of reasons. Obviously disappointed with being wrong. And I'm disappointed with the hire. Going all the way back to November the Packer exec gave me 3 names which I shared here: Matt Campbell, Matt LaFleur, and Dan Campbell in that order of who Murphy liked most at the time. That was following his initial background work. It was an exec from another NFC team that was sure the choice would be McDaniels. I shared that here as well. This whole past month I've been under the strong impression that if this hire came down to Gute's choice it would be McDaniels. LaFleur was a Murphy guy as far as I understood. What disappoints me most is that it seems Murphy is still running the show.

I'll try to be hopeful but I don't feel good about this for many reasons. It seems like LaFleur sold them (or Murphy at least) on continuity and keeping much of the current staff. I felt like they needed a complete overhaul. And I wasn't at all impressed with LaFleur's one year calling plays.

With that said, I was so sure in my source on McDaniels that I wrote a check with my mouth that I couldn't cash. In keeping my word, I will post here no more. I should have listened to my Packers guy.

Go Pack

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Just a couple things from a Titans fan who watched every single snap of our team last year:

He definitely showed his inexperience as a play caller during his short time with the us. Hopefully he can grow from it and be better at it with you guys - I'm sure Rodgers will be able to mask the deficiencies he hasn't grown from yet. 

No problem with being a bad play caller. Rodgers runs his own plays anyway.

Edited by VegasDan

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm disappointed for a number of reasons. Obviously disappointed with being wrong. And I'm disappointed with the hire. Going all the way back to November the Packer exec gave me 3 names which I shared here: Matt Campbell, Matt LaFleur, and Dan Campbell in that order of who Murphy liked most at the time. That was following his initial background work. It was an exec from another NFC team that was sure the choice would be McDaniels. I shared that here as well. This whole past month I've been under the strong impression that if this hire came down to Gute's choice it would be McDaniels. LaFleur was a Murphy guy as far as I understood. What disappoints me most is that it seems Murphy is still running the show.

I'll try to be hopeful but I don't feel good about this for many reasons. It seems like LaFleur sold them (or Murphy at least) on continuity and keeping much of the current staff. I felt like they needed a complete overhaul. And I wasn't at all impressed with LaFleur's one year calling plays.

With that said, I was so sure in my source on McDaniels that I wrote a check with my mouth that I couldn't cash. In keeping my word, I will post here no more. I should have listened to my Packers guy.

Go Pack

Keep posting here - it’s all good.  I think we were all under the same impression that McD was gonna be the guy.  Don’t beat yourself up over it - not a big deal at all.

• Like 1