packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Just a couple things from a Titans fan who watched every single snap of our team last year:

He definitely showed his inexperience as a play caller during his short time with the us. Hopefully he can grow from it and be better at it with you guys - I'm sure Rodgers will be able to mask the deficiencies he hasn't grown from yet. 

Expect a lot more Shanahan concepts than McVay concepts in his offense.

He absolutely refused to abandon the run, even if we were down multiple scores and the run needed to be abandoned.

As for the Derrick Henry side conversation I've seen going on, he was essentially benched for Dion Lewis before the bye week because he was playing so awful. He was not running with any authority and would pretty much go down the moment contact was made. Over the bye week he sought out advice from Eddie George and to put it short, Eddie basically told him he was running like a *****. He was running very well before his explosion against Jacksonville.

Just for a little context (our o-line was the same all 3 years):

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

What's exotic smashmouth though

Some of this might stick, but I'm not putting a lot of stock in it. In Tennessee, LaFleur had Mariota at QB. Naturally, you're going to run the ball more. He's going to have much different personnel in Green Bay, starting with QB1. 

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I followed all 8 HC openings very closely and kept a running record of all interview requests and interviews.

LaFleur only had one lined up. With us. Since we had no competition we could've easily taken more time to make a better informed decision.

Last year his Titans interview was reported in the media for a head coach gig but in reality the interview was actually for a coordinator gig.

If hiring LaFleur was only because he was willing to keep Pettine then that is terrible thinking. You hire the best head coach and worry about the rest later.

That simply is not true.  I heard different from Titan fans and an interview with LaFleur himself who said otherwise.

The idea that we had an unlimited time to wait with 8 current openings is ridiculous.  I could careless what you did or did jot down in your personal record.  Unless you are personally linked to 1/4 of the league's front offices you've got no idea who he was or wasn't linked to.  If Green Bay liked him there was nothing to gain by waiting a month+.