packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

I have to say, I didn't expect any type of announcement for at least another 3-4 weeks.  He must have really impressed the hell out of them.  I can't wait to see who he names on his offensive staff.  Defense needs to replace Moss and the ST staff needs to go.  Bold prediction, McDaniel will be named HC of New England after the playoffs, BB retires and shocks the league.  Well, let the fun begin!  Man, I feel like doing a mock.  Nah, just kidding.  

What we don't know is how many of the candidates dropped out after the interview. Remember the interview is a two way street. LaFleur was obviously the best of what was left. Additionally, the hire was likely based on more than just the interview. References were interviewed and the whole body of work was analyzed for sure. Assistant coaches were apparently discussed. Pettine appears to be safe. Offensive assistants will be interesting. Nothing left to do but get behind LaFleur and cheer! 

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

I have to say, I didn't expect any type of announcement for at least another 3-4 weeks.  He must have really impressed the hell out of them.  I can't wait to see who he names on his offensive staff.  Defense needs to replace Moss and the ST staff needs to go.  Bold prediction, McDaniel will be named HC of New England after the playoffs, BB retires and shocks the league.  Well, let the fun begin!  Man, I feel like doing a mock.  Nah, just kidding.  

The BB would not surprise me that much. I think there was a deal in place for McDaniels when he spurned the Colts. Irony, he's going to be taking over, assuming it happens a tough situation because Brady can't play forever and his play was not great this year. 

2 minutes ago, jleisher said:

OC/ Assit HC?

Positional coaches to OC is a lateral moved and can be blocked. I thought a while back that if you gave them an official "assistant HC" designation that it mattered and then it was considered a promotion, but I'm not sure if that is the case any more. Or maybe teams getting blocked already have the maximum allowable assistant head coaches at the time and couldn't circumvent it so it just hasn't happened in a while. I will admit to be slightly unclear with regards to that assistant head coach designation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

This confuses me

In 10 games, Henry got 12 carries or less.  In those games he had 361 yds on 92 carries (3.9 ypc)

In 6 games, Henry got more than 12 carries.  698 yds on 123 carries (5.7 ypc)

4 of those games were the last 4 of the season where he ran for 585 yds on 87 carries (6.7 ypc)

Why did he wait until the last 4 games to use his biggest weapon?

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

In 10 games, Henry got 12 carries or less.  In those games he had 361 yds on 92 carries (3.9 ypc)

In 6 games, Henry got more than 12 carries.  698 yds on 123 carries (5.7 ypc)

4 of those games were the last 4 of the season where he ran for 585 yds on 87 carries (6.7 ypc)

Why did he wait until the last 4 games to use his biggest weapon?

That’s a  MM class move