Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

This stinks. Hopefully we can land Bowles. This job has to be way more attractive than TB. Not to mention if he has success here for even a year he will shoot to the top of the list for HC positions.

Just now, Hurricanes773 said:

He is also a better DC than Wilks and Pagano... Just because he is too outspoken for you doesn't mean he wouldn't fit this D perfectly 

I personally don't see him fitting in well with Nagy and the culture of this team but ya never know.

Just now, Hurricanes773 said:

He is also a better DC than Wilks and Pagano... Just because he is too outspoken for you doesn't mean he wouldn't fit this D perfectly 

Pace/Nagy would be crazy to want him here as a DC...Rex is a law unto himself...there is a clear reason why he hasn't been picked up before and it's not Xs & Os.

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

Boom? Roasted? Get used to the new Kings of the North friend. :)

We’re like the King Joffrey of kings. Like, we got tons of hype and were intimidating to many people despite no offensive abilities and then we got killed right away in the most embarrassing way at a very public event everyone watched

Just now, topwop1 said:

I'll miss Fangio for sure but the one thing I won't miss about him is putting Mack and Floyd in coverage.  Whoever the next DC is, please let these guys do what they do best.

Floyd is good in coverage as long as it isn’t man.  He is good at stunts. 

I think mistake is using him too much as straight edge rusher.  

Mack i am with you.  

Maybe I am a meathead. But rushing just 3 more than 2 or 3 times a game is bad football.

It’s purpose is a trick hoping O keeps 7 blockers in and gives you numbers in coverage or for prevent in extreme yardage situations. 

Should not be used with regularity it was. 

Cover 0 should be used sparingly too, but it still should be used on occasion just like rushing 3 should be.  You have to keep QB guessing.    

Fangio is man.  But I stand by that criticism.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Another point is prior to Nagy, Fox, Fangio and gang burned through players like paper.  

It was really hard to survive a season under them.   

Think Fangio learned anything or is chalking it up to luck?  

Part of it is luck for sure but what can not be overlooked is that Bears hired a new head athletic trainer last offseason with the goal of reducing player injuries.  Looks like it helped tremendously compared to what they had going on previous years.

Archived