Vic Fangio hired by Broncos

WindyCity

Just now, Nads786 said:

Bowles would be an awesome hire. If he chooses the Bucs that would tell me something negative about Nagy.

I mean, they haven't  had any real relationship in the NFL, have they?  It wouldn't be outlandish to think that Bowles wants to work with a guy he has experience with, Nagy's only relationship is that Bowles played for his dad in HS. 

Just now, TankWilliams said:

I mean, they haven't  had any real relationship in the NFL, have they?  It wouldn't be outlandish to think that Bowles wants to work with a guy he has experience with, Nagy's only relationship is that Bowles played for his dad in HS. 

And Andy Reid.

6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Bowles would be an awesome hire. If he chooses the Bucs that would tell me something negative about Nagy.

Bad take. It's not like Nagy and Bowles are bff's. Bowles might want to be in warmer weather and to be taxed less. Furthermore he may feel obligated to go to Tampa because he assuredly told Arians he would go there

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I don;t think so man.  He has just as much of a connection to Arians as he does Nagy and it was reported yesterday he was Arians choice to be DC in Tampa.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If it is Bowles the Bears will be playing more man coverage.

Prince is a nice press man and Fuller is good in off man, but it may change the backups and developmental guys at the CB position.

I don't see any DC (whoever it is) running alot of man coverage with this defense.

Running MORE man-coverage would essentially mean more blitzes, which would make no sense at all with this defensive front. If a DC feels like he has to blitz alot with a front-7 featuring Hicks, Mack, Floyd, RRH, Goldman and Nichols...there is something wrong right off the rip and I don't want anything at all to do with him.   

Showing man disguises pre-snap, like Fangio did is fine. But not at a high rate.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @gregauman: Bruce Arians tells @richeisen of Todd Bowles that "we're really excited to be back together." Says he's "like a son to me."

From an Xs and Os perspective it would be idiotic to go to TB.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @RyanWitkowski: As much as I wanted Todd Bowles to land here in Kansas City, sources tell me he is headed to the Bears as their new DC.

I hope this is true. 

As for Vic, I'm really happy for him. Hope he does well there (except against the Bears). 

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @RyanWitkowski: As much as I wanted Todd Bowles to land here in Kansas City, sources tell me he is headed to the Bears as their new DC.

If Todd wants to be a head coach again this would be a good spot to begin that pursuit. 

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

I don't know if Rex would work here for a couple reasons:

1. He was the only really outspoken analyst to put Parkey on blast over his missed kick...  Honest and true as that may be, I'd have no doubt it rubbed a bunch of the Bears players the wrong way, given how tight knit the team seems to be under Nagy.

2. Rex likes sending the heat with Blitz pressures pretty constantly and that involves leaving the DBs on an island.  I don't know that Fuller can swap to a very heavy press-man style coverage without issue, as that's REALLY not his game. Beyond the corners, the scheme itself is fairly different from what the guys have been learning and doing.  There may be some significant issues where their instincts are simply wrong for a more aggressive system, because they've been learning to play in a safer one.

3. We don't have enough OLBs to rotate in and send pressure constantly.... This could be overcome with Roquan and Trevethan coming more but still a concern.

Those things aside, at the very least, Rex being here would be entertaining as hell... I'm not at all sure it'd be at all the right move, but it certainly wouldn't be boring, and I'd watch the hell out of it.

Here is thing about Bears that outside people don’t know yet. 

Roquan Smith could be best blitzing inside LB in football next year.  Nobody can accelerate to ball or can avoid blocks in backfield like he can.  You could see it at Georgia. I said it when he was drafted.  

Fangio didn’t use that nearly enough, part of that is hold out, bigger part of it is preferred scheme, part of it is lack of trust in rookies.  

Floyd and Smith together as a tandem are too quick for OL to handle in space.  If you vanilla rush them straight on the OL can eat them up.  

Archived