Around The League V.2

Totty

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It’s a literally against the law to sign away your rights.

This is true.  A contract that states I give up me freedom in exchange for... or my life is not legally binding but a contract can limit what I can do.  Contracts have clauses that allow for punishment and even void the contract if certain standards are not reached or maintained.  Do you have the right to drink alcohol?  Yes.  Do you have the right to do it under any circumstance and not face consequences? No.  If I drink to much and it limits my ability to perform my job to an except-able level my work can punish or fire me.  Part of the job for an NFL player is to set an example for the fans on and off the field.  They are entertainers in the public eye.  Their jobs do not stop once the pads come off.  The NFL can not set levels of conformity like no homosexuals but for players to get caught using drugs that are still federally illegal they are easily within there right to punish how they deem appropriate.  Part of that punishment is the drug program which was agreed to by the league and the players.  The league can not tell  player not to drink alcohol just because they do not want them to however.  The player would have to had done something leading to that punishment.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27396496/nfl-preseason-power-rankings-hot-seat-entering-2019

Preseason power ranking at ESPN has us at 26.  We are behind the Broncos, Jets, and Bills.  Ahead of the Buccaneers, Bengals, and Redskins.  

Too high or too low?  I believe we should be starting around 22.  I don't know if we are better than the Lions, mainly due to the fact that I've probably never watched them play an entire game and have no idea who their players are other than M. Stafford.  Seriously, I know nothing about them.  Anyway, I think we should definitely be higher than 26.  I think they're sleeping on us a little bit.

13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27396496/nfl-preseason-power-rankings-hot-seat-entering-2019

Preseason power ranking at ESPN has us at 26.  We are behind the Broncos, Jets, and Bills.  Ahead of the Buccaneers, Bengals, and Redskins.  

Too high or too low?  I believe we should be starting around 22.  I don't know if we are better than the Lions, mainly due to the fact that I've probably never watched them play an entire game and have no idea who their players are other than M. Stafford.  Seriously, I know nothing about them.  Anyway, I think we should definitely be higher than 26.  I think they're sleeping on us a little bit.

Meh I'm okay with it at the moment.  I think a lot of it's honestly predicated on AB.  If he's around with his head on straight, we should jump ahead a couple of spots, if not then we are where we should be...  bad defense, average QB, below average wrs (remember not considering Brown right now), unproven TEs and RB, holes on the o-line.  We have reason for some optimism, but nothing concrete to back up these hopes/dreams at the moment.

All three of those teams you listed as ranked above us all have outstanding defenses.  Until we prove we even have a mediocre defense or a well oiled machine on offense, welcome to the very bottom of the league rankings...

Edited by 101Raider

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Feels about right. Oline depth is a concern (and horribly coached). Pass rush is a concern. Factor in an all time awful schedule and playing in a tough division. 

This is a 6-10 team. 

42 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Meh I'm okay with it at the moment.  I think a lot of it's honestly predicated on AB.  If he's around with his head on straight, we should jump ahead a couple of spots, if not then we are where we should be...  bad defense, average QB, below average wrs (remember not considering Brown right now), unproven TEs and RB, holes on the o-line.  We have reason for some optimism, but nothing concrete to back up these hopes/dreams at the moment.

All three of those teams you listed as ranked above us all have outstanding defenses.  Until we prove we even have a mediocre defense or a well oiled machine on offense, welcome to the very bottom of the league rankings...

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Feels about right. Oline depth is a concern (and horribly coached). Pass rush is a concern. Factor in an all time awful schedule and playing in a tough division. 

This is a 6-10 team. 

Alright.  I'm a little more confident in our team.  We'll see what happens.  I agree with the schedule and lack of proven players.  I'm hoping for 8-8.  I still think next year will be the year, but wouldn't be mad if it started a year early.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Alright.  I'm a little more confident in our team.  We'll see what happens.  I agree with the schedule and lack of proven players.  I'm hoping for 8-8.  I still think next year will be the year, but wouldn't be mad if it started a year early.

I've got them winning the following: Broncos, Colts, Lions, Bengals, Jets, Titans

And I don't feel confident in 3 of those.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I've got them winning the following: Broncos, Colts, Lions, Bengals, Jets, Titans

And I don't feel confident in 3 of those.

I agree completely.  If they had the easiest schedule in the league I might feel better, but they don't.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I’m going with 8-8 because we should sweep Denver and LAC

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I’m going with 8-8 because we should sweep Denver and LAC

lol... Chargers are a wildly better team. They have a better chance to get swept by the charges than split the series.  And Denver is more or less equal, but give me their defense to over Oakland's.

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... Chargers are a wildly better team. They have a better chance to get swept by the charges than split the series.  And Denver is more or less equal, but give me their defense to over Oakland's.

They usually are but with James being hurt for a year and Gordon being a hold out it’s leveling the playing field.