Around The League V.2

Totty

8 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

lol i ws thinking that too, didnt want to post anything and be labeled a homer. 

I cant stand listening to David talk about DC, but he was absolutely roasted for that comment... and the eagles then went 1-5 and bounced first round after it.

Definitely think he may have been on to something. 

It seemed to be in bad faith just to rag on him. As if he said bench hurts for other than resting up and getting healthier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

It seemed to be in bad faith just to rag on him. As if he said bench hurts for other than resting up and getting healthier.

It retrospect he was right as Hurts had some injuries and should have been rested . It was just his delivery how he mentioned that Mariota is better than Hurts

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

After this season, the Eagles should honestly scrap the coaching staff entirely. 

The hot start masks a lot of it, but this is a textbook "lost the plot" situation for Sirianni. The DC choices he's made are stunningly bad. The offense was janky all year. Guys were going at it with each other on Twitter. The results ended embarrassingly. 

Hurts was banged up and ineffective for a while. Why Mariota wasn't put in for a bit was puzzling, especially once the post season was mostly locked in and it was just a matter of seeding. Basically, Sirianni pulled a little JMD and thought he could just make it work. The troubling part for Philadelphia is there's really no one thing to fix it all. The team has way too much talent to flop entirely without a full blown mutiny, they're not in a position to grab a franchise altering player unless they make a massive trade and since they already have a lot of those guys, who’s coming in that changes rhings? They need a new DC, for sure. But HC is more the concern as those guys looked and played totally checked out last night. 

I do think Sirianni has potential to be a very good HC, but I don't think it's with Philadelphia. Whatever changes he can make probably need to be somewhere where the well hasn't already been poisoned. 

Phili has a lot of free agents and older roster I’m really intrigued to see how they navigate these choppy waters. 

42 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Phili has a lot of free agents and older roster I’m really intrigued to see how they navigate these choppy waters. 

They should legit consider going into rebuild mode at this point.  Let their veteran FAs walk and prepare for 2027.  Their entire roster is old at this point and it really showed in the playoffs.

I watched this video breakdown and literally the first play reminded me of Carr. I don’t think you guys ever understood why I disliked Carr over the years, and here is an example why, Carr just mentally was a bad QB:

The first play. Do you see the shallow route open for like 7 yards in the middle of the field? Carr would see that guy and throw it to him probably 80 to 90% of the time. Love showed great patience here. 

At least one QB born out of Bakersfield knows how to play QB. 

8 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I watched this video breakdown and literally the first play reminded me of Carr. I don’t think you guys ever understood why I disliked Carr over the years, and here is an example why, Carr just mentally was a bad QB:

The first play. Do you see the shallow route open for like 7 yards in the middle of the field? Carr would see that guy and throw it to him probably 80 to 90% of the time. Love showed great patience here. 

7:45 great play too. Jordan Love does not take the easy 10 yard first down. He extends plays consistently to let the main read become open as the play is still developing and does not panic. 

His game against Dallas was a masterclass. Stroud against Cleveland as well. 

Love and Stroud’s mental game for their first year starting is literally mind boggling. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

ABG has owned the magazine since 2019 and sold the publishing rights to a company called the Arena Group. The Arena Group missed a recent payment for those publishing rights, prompting ABG to pull the publishing license and putting the future of Sports Illustrated in jeopardy.

“As a result of this license revocation, we will be laying off staff that work on the SI brand,” the note to staff read, adding that some employees would be terminated immediately, while others would work through the end of a 90-day notice period.

ABG has not told staff of future plans for the publication or if it will license the publishing rights to another company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/01/19/sports-illustrated-layoffs/

Oof. 

12 minutes ago, NickButera said:

ABG has owned the magazine since 2019 and sold the publishing rights to a company called the Arena Group. The Arena Group missed a recent payment for those publishing rights, prompting ABG to pull the publishing license and putting the future of Sports Illustrated in jeopardy.

“As a result of this license revocation, we will be laying off staff that work on the SI brand,” the note to staff read, adding that some employees would be terminated immediately, while others would work through the end of a 90-day notice period.

ABG has not told staff of future plans for the publication or if it will license the publishing rights to another company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/01/19/sports-illustrated-layoffs/

Oof. 

Other than Barnes and Noble and Airport newsstands the magazine sections get smaller and smaller.

On 1/16/2024 at 1:27 PM, Tank4Drake said:

I personally think Downing was JDR and Carr’s “boy” and they both paid the price for it. 

Somehow got a season as OC under Vrabel that was yeah a horrible decision lol

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 7:49 PM, Tank4Drake said:

will you shut up man 

• Like 1

The Falcons had two interviews with both Belichick and Harbaugh and the report that's coming out is that the head coach wants to hire Belichick. Wonder if there's something we don't know concerning the Harbaugh situation. It would be interesting to see if the chargers pass on him too.