Around The League V.2

Totty

56 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Yeah Travis Kelce cared so less about this game, that he lost his helmet.

No competitive athlete likes losing. What's your point?

Do you think Kelce thought for one second it would have lasting effect on their post season bid or that they'd have to worry about the Raiders anytime soon while they didn't complete a pass for 3 quarters? Me neither.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Shows they really don't care. They know that is the Raiders Super Bowl. They are focused on getting back to the actual Super Bowl.

Until the Raiders can legit compete and win the AFC West, KC doesn't care about them. And that's going to start with getting a QB.

Quite the opposite, The game woke the Chiefs up. 

The Raiders embarrassed the Chiefs on a Christmas Day national TV game. It wasn’t just a lucky FG at the end type stuff. They got physically dominated by a rival team with rookie QB, with Everybody watching. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Shows how good of a win we got against them this year. 

Just highlights how good our defense was playing at the end of the year, even though i know KC wasnt up to their normal great offensive standards this year.

Koonce and Crosby had Mahomes running for his life almost everytime he dropped back to pass. I dont even think Buffalo hit the guy yesterday. Gotta make Kermit uncomfortable or he will light you up no matter how subpar his weapons are. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Quite the opposite, The game woke the Chiefs up. 

The Raiders embarrassed the Chiefs on a Christmas Day national TV game. It wasn’t just a lucky FG at the end type stuff. They got physically dominated by a rival team with rookie QB, with Everybody watching. 

The Champs, a team that's been to 6 straight conference championships, with the games top QB needed woke up? 

Man.... I mean you are the boards biggest homer, but you've jumped the shark with this AP stuff. Of course, you'll turn on him after a 3 game losing streak, but enjoy the ride I guess.

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Champs, a team that's been to 6 straight conference championships, with the games top QB needed woke up? 

Man.... I mean you are the boards biggest homer, but you've jumped the shark with this AP stuff. Of course, you'll turn on him after a 3 game losing streak, but enjoy the ride I guess.

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Imagine being satisfied winning a meaningless game in December. Haven't won a playoff game in over 20 years, just happy to beat a team that knows what playoff football is. 

Never mind the game was sandwiched between a 0-3 loss off a bye to Minnesota and Indy where they played completely flat. But hey, they won their Super Bowl against a Division rival who sewed up the division by week 4. Then hired a coach who'll likely not be able to sustain that level of emotion into next season where KC will win the division again.  

Exhibit A: Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler President fan club meltdown. 

Praying we lost every game under AP but instead he exceeded expectations. We finally look like an NFL threat on defense after 20 seasons

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Exhibit A: Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler President fan club meltdown. 

Praying we lost every game under AP but instead he exceeded expectations. We finally look like an NFL threat on defense after 20 seasons

Bro... if you are content beating KC in meaningless December game where they have won the division, then we are not the same. 

I became a fan of the Raiders because they of their championship history and commitment to winning. Until this team unseats KC in the division, a meaningless win against them is not moving the needle for me. 

I want to root for a team competing for championships, not one happy to beat KC once a year. The Raiders are 2-10 against Mahomes. Wake me up when this is actually a rivalry again. 

Edited by big_palooka

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

No competitive athlete likes losing. What's your point?

Do you think Kelce thought for one second it would have lasting effect on their post season bid or that they'd have to worry about the Raiders anytime soon while they didn't complete a pass for 3 quarters? Me neither.

WIth a win against us they would've had the #2 seed in the AFC and in result of that a home game against the Bills.
Pretty sure that they cared about that.

But my point is that:

You're creating a narrative why the win against the Chiefs in Arrowhead is no accomplishment. And that although you said prior that AP would need a "signature win" against the Chiefs for you. How can that align together?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bro... if you are content beating KC in meaningless December game where they have won the division, then we are not the same. 

I became a fan of the Raiders because they of their championship history and commitment to winning. Until this team unseats KC in the division, a meaningless win against them is not moving the needle for me. 

I want to root for a team competing for championships, not one happy to beat KC once a year. The Raiders are 2-10 against Mahomes. Wake me up when this is actually a rivalry again. 

Anything to dump on the Raiders, if it was McD who finally won a “meaningless game” you’d have preached how he was turning the tide. There isn’t a meaningless game in the division, tell that to the guys that were busting their *** for that W. Didn’t look meaningless to Kelce when he was throwing helmets, or Mahomes who was flustered all game. And how was it meaningless when we still had an outside shot of the playoffs and even the Division? Maybe if your lord and savior McDoofus didn’t blow the season early on, the game would’ve had more purpose. 

Id much rather watch AP lead this team than that nerd with no heart sit there and lie to us or throw players under the bus. You want to root for championships but the only coach you’ve supported for as long as I’ve been posting here never did anything without his daddy’s Brady and Bill, guess you’re just enamored with the “Patriot Way” 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Anything to dump on the Raiders, if it was McD who finally won a “meaningless game” you’d have preached how he was turning the tide. There isn’t a meaningless game in the division, tell that to the guys that were busting their *** for that W. Didn’t look meaningless to Kelce when he was throwing helmets, or Mahomes who was flustered all game. And how was it meaningless when we still had an outside shot of the playoffs and even the Division? Maybe if your lord and savior McDoofus didn’t blow the season early on, the game would’ve had more purpose. 

Id much rather watch AP lead this team than that nerd with no heart sit there and lie to us or throw players under the bus. You want to root for championships but the only coach you’ve supported for as long as I’ve been posting here never did anything without his daddy’s Brady and Bill, guess you’re just enamored with the “Patriot Way” 

You people and you JMD narratives, give it a rest. Anyone paying attention knows the story there. He wasn't my first or fifth choice in coach to be hired. Just like AP, who would be my 4th choice this year, I will support him getting 3 years to get his guys in and lay his foundation. 

The Raiders have not won a playoff game since 2002. Did that win move them any closer to making the playoffs or winning anything meaningful?

It's always nice to beat any division opponent. I'm simply not going to pretend it's changed the tides and they can compete regularly with them. They blew them out the first time, or do we just forget about that?

I too would much rather have AP lead this team. So what is your point?

Again... the fans of this franchise are so black and white. 

Just because some question the viability of an AP lead team, does not mean they are "haters" or rooting against him. Simply that he has no track record and there are a lot of questions that need answered this offseason to see the direction of it all. Starting at GM, OC and potential QB. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

“Meaningless”? we were in the playoff hunt until the Indy loss

its a win/win for you

we beat kc it’s “meaningless”

we lose to kc you and ny going back to back tag team dumping on pierce lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You people and you JMD narratives, give it a rest. Anyone paying attention knows the story there. He wasn't my first or fifth choice in coach to be hired. Just like AP, who would be my 4th choice this year, I will support him getting 3 years to get his guys in and lay his foundation. 

The Raiders have not won a playoff game since 2002. Did that win move them any closer to making the playoffs or winning anything meaningful?

It's always nice to beat any division opponent. I'm simply not going to pretend it's changed the tides and they can compete regularly with them. They blew them out the first time, or do we just forget about that?

I too would much rather have AP lead this team. So what is your point?

Again... the fans of this franchise are so black and white. 

Just because some question the viability of an AP lead team, does not mean they are "haters" or rooting against him. Simply that he has no track record and there are a lot of questions that need answered this offseason to see the direction of it all. Starting at GM, OC and potential QB. 

Calling a win vs the defending champ and team that’s been running the division for year meaningless is wild. Especially when both teams were still alive and/or jockeying for position. It’s old when “you people” try and dismiss anything positive with this team. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Shows they really don't care. They know that is the Raiders Super Bowl. They are focused on getting back to the actual Super Bowl.

Until the Raiders can legit compete and win the AFC West, KC doesn't care about them. And that's going to start with getting a QB.

Nah I’m not having that, Andy Reid has Raiders week in their pre season routine does he not? Part of getting to the Super Bowl would be trying to secure home field advantage, losing to the Raiders wasn’t because they don’t care, lazy take to diminish AP’s role in the win I think. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

“Meaningless”? we were in the playoff hunt until the Indy loss

its a win/win for you

we beat kc it’s “meaningless”

we lose to kc you and ny going back to back tag team dumping on pierce lol

Mathematically, it was something like < 13% chance.... so were they really?

And if that was the case, why did they lay down with an effortless, uninspired performance against Indy? The KC game only means something if you carry the momentum to the next week. Otherwise, who cares. You shot your shot, played your Super Bowl then laid down the following week. That's been the Raiders for decades... Inspired performances, followed by low effort throw aways. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Nah I’m not having that, Andy Reid has Raiders week in their pre season routine does he not? Part of getting to the Super Bowl would be trying to secure home field advantage, losing to the Raiders wasn’t because Ty eh don’t care, lazy take to diminish AP’s role in the win I think. 

I'm not saying they don't care about that game. I'm saying they don't care about the Raiders long term. They are not a serious opponent who can contend for the division title. 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Calling a win vs the defending champ and team that’s been running the division for year meaningless is wild. Especially when both teams were still alive and/or jockeying for position. It’s old when “you people” try and dismiss anything positive with this team. 

See above. 

"Me people" could care less about an inspired performance if you show up next week flat.

And stop trying label me as not finding anything positive with the team. I was the one in full support of Pat Graham being a good DC if you got him talent and that paid off. I've never been more excited with the direction of the defense.