Around The League V.2

Totty

6 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

WIth a win against us they would've had the #2 seed in the AFC and in result of that a home game against the Bills.
Pretty sure that they cared about that.

But my point is that:

You're creating a narrative why the win against the Chiefs in Arrowhead is no accomplishment. And that although you said prior that AP would need a "signature win" against the Chiefs for you. How can that align together?

That win helped us go from not in the playoffs to still not in the playoffs because the great AP couldn't gameplan to beat Minshew or Dobbs/Mullens unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm not saying they don't care about that game. I'm saying they don't care about the Raiders long term. They are not a serious opponent who can contend for the division title. 

That’s probably true but not what you said though. You replied to my comment about our win against them saying they didn’t care. Glad you admit that was wrong. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dessie said:

That’s probably true but not what you said though. You replied to my comment about our win against them saying they didn’t care. Glad you admit that was wrong. 

My mistake. I re-read how I worded that and get the where the dust up came from. 

Yes, I'm speaking on the whole. Us beating KC is a speed bump on their way to chase another title. We are not serious contenders in their eye until we are. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My mistake. I re-read how I worded that and get the where the dust up came from. 

Yes, I'm speaking on the whole. Us beating KC is a speed bump on their way to chase another title. We are not serious contenders in their eye until we are. 

Yup that’s fair enough and I would agree but definitely doesn’t detract from our win against them. Especially given they are now in another title game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No competitive athlete likes losing. What's your point?

Do you think Kelce thought for one second it would have lasting effect on their post season bid or that they'd have to worry about the Raiders anytime soon while they didn't complete a pass for 3 quarters? Me neither.

Dude Mahomes was legit crying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

We still had a chance at the playoffs which they did not want to see us again if we did after that beating.

33 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We still had a chance at the playoffs which they did not want to see us again if we did after that beating.

They had a 1% chance prior to week 16 and a 14% chance after week 16. That's math for slim to no chance of making it. 

Regardless, they gave an effortless performance the following week and moved it to 0% but we'll just be happy they played spirted against KC for that 13% bump for a week I guess. 

One of the things I can't stand about other Raiders fans is their love of the "We got you guys that one time!" We're so use to these disappointing seasons that they overly enjoy meaningless wins against the Chiefs and checked out Chargers team. They had letdowns when it mattered most, but these in season super bowls mean so much for them. Chiefs have been to the AFC championship game 6 straight years. I doubt the fans care much about these minor losses as we do. I hope someday to watch and boast about meaningful games.

• Like 3

Interesting mic’d up, a lot of clips I haven’t seen before such as the Aikman one. Actually made me like Aikman more. I can’t stand player coaches that won’t hold their players accountable. 

The Stafford one is obviously pretty famous. He will go down as one of the toughest QB’s in the 2000’s era of football (everyone was tough pre 2000’s). I’m 100% convinced he had a concussion in that Ram/Lion game too and he came back quick. Eyes glazed over, which is concussion in 99% of the time. Of course during a game like that, concussion protocol is going out the window, and strings will be pulled in that tent. The Lions were also hitting him all night like they had a bounty on him, but he kept comin. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That win helped us go from not in the playoffs to still not in the playoffs because the great AP couldn't gameplan to beat Minshew or Dobbs/Mullens unfortunately.

What’s your opinion about Andy Reid getting his offense stomped out by an unqualified HC?