Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

What’s your opinion about Andy Reid getting his offense stomped out by an unqualified HC? 

Patrick Graham is a good coach and potentially getting hired in Seattle. Hopefully he does and then we can see for sure if it was AP or him that was responsible for the unit

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Patrick Graham is a good coach and potentially getting hired in Seattle. Hopefully he does and then we can see for sure if it was AP or him that was responsible for the unit

I honestly believe AP and Graham got the best out of each other. One without the other is not the same. If Graham walks and we can’t get another DC in here with the right scheme, we won’t be a top 10 unit this upcoming season.

Hope Jim gets cold feet and decides to stay with Michigan again, but it’s not looking likely at this point.

AFCW is going to be brutal for a while with Reid, Harbaugh and Payton when the Wilson money comes off the books in Denver and they have a full cap/roster to work with.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

See above. 

"Me people" could care less about an inspired performance if you show up next week flat.

And stop trying label me as not finding anything positive with the team. I was the one in full support of Pat Graham being a good DC if you got him talent and that paid off. I've never been more excited with the direction of the defense.

* ‘Couldn’t care less’ my friend. 

Also feel it’s a bit disingenuous to downplay the win against the Chiefs after specifically saying we wouldn’t win more than 3 games after AP became interim coach.

I appreciate we didn’t face a murders row of opponents but the Chargers and Chiefs victories were definitely signature wins any coach would be proud to have. They were very good wins and AP deserves much credit for those. It’s poor form to diminish those imo.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

See above. 

"Me people" could care less about an inspired performance if you show up next week flat.

And stop trying label me as not finding anything positive with the team. I was the one in full support of Pat Graham being a good DC if you got him talent and that paid off. I've never been more excited with the direction of the defense.

Ok wait, can we get this straight right now?

Was Graham a good DC because wr got him talent  and it paid off?

Or

Was Graham a good DC because of what he did with a bottom 5 talent D? 

Can we pick one and settle on it? 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ok wait, can we get this straight right now?

Was Graham a good DC because wr got him talent  and it paid off?

Or

Was Graham a good DC because of what he did with a bottom 5 talent D? 

Can we pick one and settle on it? 

I always though Graham was a good DC. I wasn't willing to relent on that because of the lack of talent he had in 2022. The additions of Spillane and Epps paid massive dividends to the leadership on defense and he was able to run his scheme. 

Is this a top 5-10 defense going into 2024, I don't think so. I think he had them overachieving and they will return to a middle of pack group baring any star additions. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Also feel it’s a bit disingenuous to downplay the win against the Chiefs after specifically saying we wouldn’t win more than 3 games after AP became interim coach.

I appreciate we didn’t face a murders row of opponents but the Chargers and Chiefs victories were definitely signature wins any coach would be proud to have. They were very good wins and AP deserves much credit for those. It’s poor form to diminish those imo.

I was one of those people stating we wouldn't win any games, and/or hoping for it. 

AP exceeded what I thought possible with this group of players/QB/etc.  There are a slew of positives he's brought to light since he took over that I couldn't ignore. He still wasn't my first choice, but by seasons end he was up there tied for my 2nd choice. 

• Like 6

Chargers: Dodds/Harbaugh/Herbert

Chiefs: Reid/Mahomes

Broncos: Payton/New QB (picking before us)

Raiders: Telesco/AP/???

Lmao. This feels like 2004 is about to start all over again. See you guys in ten years. 

Chargers rumored to hire Greg Roman as OC if they hire Harbaugh. Means they probably draft Blake Corum

Pete Carroll is a dark horse to be HC if Harbaugh falls through according to Billy Spikes 

Edited by bucksavage1

On 1/23/2024 at 1:52 AM, Jerry said:

I honestly believe AP and Graham got the best out of each other. One without the other is not the same. If Graham walks and we can’t get another DC in here with the right scheme, we won’t be a top 10 unit this upcoming season.

This is nonsense. They both can't coordinate the defense. It's one or the other. 

2 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

This is nonsense. They both can't coordinate the defense. It's one or the other. 

P. Graham calls the plays.  AP motivates/installs the players.  I think AP can take a step back from PG doing his job and help him see the big picture.

I know that probably doesn't make sense and what you're saying is true, I just think they get the best out of each other.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

P. Graham calls the plays.  AP motivates/installs the players.  I think AP can take a step back from PG doing his job and help him see the big picture.

I know that probably doesn't make sense and what you're saying is true, I just think they get the best out of each other.

Again, nonsense. There's only one coordinator.