Around The League V.2

Totty

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Aside from injury, I'd still rather have James who is a legit all-pro DPOY type player. 

That said, Kolton has surprised me greatly. Shows sometime drafting and developing traits is worth it

Gotta say, despite all odds this is losing it's validity. James is the better player when on the field but the gap is closing as Miller continues to improve and perform, as of now, at a pretty darn high level. Positional value, no comparison - LT is massively more important. James has lost so much time up to this point that it's absolutely fair to say right now Miller was the better choice, with all factors considered. That can change, but thus far it worked out better for us than them.

Which also doesn't mention that it's getting to the point with James' leg injuries that maybe some athleticism could have been permanently lost. Even a marginal amount lowers his value going forward.

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

RUMORS : Teams have called #Jets with trade interest in former #3 overall pick Quinnen Williams, per Connor Rogers. GM Joe Douglas stated that he’ll take calls on anyone ; not necessarily looking to move them, but for the right return they would.

I'd give up our 2021 1st round pick for Williams. He's significantly better than any DT we're going to get in the first round next year and he has 3 years left on his rookie deal. 

• Like 1

1st for Williams, and I rarely say 1st for any player. He is light years better than any DT in this upcoming draft, and it's our most needed position. We are probably going to Pick 15 or later, so I have no issue with it. If it was a Projected Top 10 Pick, I'd rather keep it.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

1st for Williams, and I rarely say 1st for any player. He is light years better than any DT in this upcoming draft, and it's our most needed position. We are probably going to Pick 15 or later, so I have no issue with it. If it was a Projected Top 10 Pick, I'd rather keep it.

One of the reasons draft picks are overvalued is because premium picks are usually only traded for players that just received or are on the verge of a large extension. With Williams though we'd be getting him on a rookie deal for essentially 4 seasons so that's a mute point. This years draft looks like one of the weaker interior defensive line classes that we've seen in recent memory and there aren't any top defensive tackles poised to hit free agency after this year either. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

One of the reasons draft picks are overvalued is because premium picks are usually only traded for players that just received or are on the verge of a large extension. With Williams though we'd be getting him on a rookie deal for essentially 4 seasons so that's a mute point. This years draft looks like one of the weaker interior defensive line classes that we've seen in recent memory and there aren't any top defensive tackles poised to hit free agency after this year either. 

Gives us a chance to get very possibly Mayock and Grudens 3rd and 4th Ranked players from the same draft class. Pretty crazy. I know Mayock says Ferrell was 2nd behind Bosa, but I’m pretty sure he meant EDGE wise and he worded that very carefully. Their big board was probably 1. Murray/Bosa, 2. Murray/Bosa 3. Quinnen Williams 4. Clelin Ferrell. And yes I do think the Raider/Kyler connections were real. Said all draft season that was real and the Raiders/Haskins connection was just smoke. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Gives us a chance to get very possibly Mayock and Grudens 3rd and 4th Ranked players from the same draft class. Pretty crazy. I know Mayock says Ferrell was 2nd behind Bosa, but I’m pretty sure he meant EDGE wise and he worded that very carefully. Their big board was probably 1. Murray/Bosa, 2. Murray/Bosa 3. Quinnen Williams 4. Clelin Ferrell. And yes I do think the Raider/Kyler connections were real. Said all draft season that was real and the Raiders/Haskins connection was just smoke. 

Would also give us a legit 3T on a solid deal for the next 3 years and allow us to throw big money at Justin Simmons or Anthony Harris this offseason. 

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Man can’t stand those stupid Jets. Adam Gase should be fired. They look like fools just cutting Bell, and still paying him. Going look stupid when Bell shines on the Chiefs and wins a ring 

Their GM looks like he's ready to do a fire sale on their roster. They should've looked to trade Bell during the draft tbh.