Dolphins expected to hire Patriots' Brian Flores as HC

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

He's well liked, worked his way up through the ranks. But this feels way too early for him, considering his biggest roles have come in a defense which has sucked in the main. Perhaps this is a 'leader of men' Vrabel-esque hire and he's able to bring in good coordinators. But I'd be interested to know who those people would be. 

Yah it feels too early for him to be a HC to me. But hopefully he gets a veteran staff and learns from them. One of the mistakes Gase made is that he had coordinators learning on the job with him. 

4 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

Yah it feels too early for him to be a HC to me. But hopefully he gets a veteran staff and learns from them. One of the mistakes Gase made is that he had coordinators learning on the job with him. 

Veteran hires are key, I just can't think of anyone left out there who would be a) good and b) would want to work under a rookie HC in Miami. 

Strange hire, if it goes through. I mean, he's got one season as a coordinator, and while the NE defense was decent statistically, it's not like he produced a world class unit out there.

Will miss him though - no matter what, he'll always have place in NE hearts as the guy who shouts "Malcolm GO!" just before the goal-line INT in SB49.

He's been our de facto defensive coordinator this year. Players love him and said that his teaching has helped them play faster and with more confidence. While the unit had its ups and downs, overall we saw an increase in pressure and in the secondary's performance. Arizona interviewed him last year for a HC position, so he's been on the national radar for a while even if the media isn't as aware of his presence. Seems like a good guy, although I obviously don't wish him success. :)

• giphy.gif
  • Hire BB disciple and/or tough coach to whip the franchise into shape,
  • Sign a bunch of aged Free agents to accelerate the timeline
  • Overdraft a QB in round 1, the less experience in College the better.
  • FAs don't like getting yelled at
  • SCHISM TIME!!!!
  • Cut some "not conducive to our culture" guys
  • OH NO THE QB sucks :(  
  • Lets bring in an overrated #2 wideout to make him better (Note: Must pay as if they are a #1 receiver) 
  • It didn't work, and now he hates the coach too :(
  • Fire Coach during the season year 2, year 3 if they had a signature win during a 4 game winning streak year 1.
  • giphy.gif
  • Hire BB disciple and/or tough coach to whip the franchise into shape, if you did this last time hire a QB guru.
  • OH man that QB really does suck .:(
  • Fire this coach faster than the last one
  • giphy.gif
  • Hire BB disciple and/or tough coach to whip the franchise into shape,
  • ............................................................................

Dolphins always seem to go against the grain and suddenly you think maybe they know something we don't and they've finally turned the corner. And then the results come in, you realize these are the Dolphins were talking about and they still don't know wtf they are doing. Not impressed whatsoever. We'll see.

NFL Network and ESPN past two days non stop throwing a fit no minority head coach was hired yet and “this puts a ton of pressure on the Dolphins”. Wonder if that’s really what happened?

Anyways, it’s a better hiring than Patricia and I actually like Flores. He’s not a x’s and o’s guys but seems to have great leadership. It’ll all depend on his coordinators, more than any other coach. Probably my third favorite hire after Arians and Gase. 

Archived