NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't know. I'm being told that he's off his game. I don't think he is that off his game.

Agreed. 

Take away the Bears game and he's playing fine. People who say he's off are essentially box scouting. The Cowboys D isn't bad but what people are forgetting was that Goff simply wasn't needed to win with Gurley and Anderson pounding the game away. Goff didn't put up huge stats last week, but again, they weren't necessary. Frankly, I think the game planning there is brilliant. The Rams gave Gurley and Anderson a game to groove and show that the run game isn't 1-dimensional. The Saints are gonna have to make a decision early as to what they want to stop. And with Woods, Cooks, and Reynolds plus the TE's, Goff has plenty of options to turn to if needed.

Judging by the Saints game yesterday, a few things jumped out at me:

Foles (though I love the guy) is not Goff. Goff won't make the same mistakes.

Rams WR/TEs > Eagles WR/TEs in this game. Not that the Eagles corps isn't good, but the Rams have just as many reliable weapons and probably more "splash" play potential. 

Gurley/Anderson >>>>> Wendell Smallwood. The Eagles had virtually no run game yesterday to take pressure off of Foles and the pass game. The Rams aren't going to have that problem. The Saints got extremely lucky that Jeffery let that pass go and Lattimore was there to pick it off. Without that, the Eagles were probably winning this game despite a 1-dimensional offense. The Saints won't have that luxury next weekend. Especially not with Rankins out. 

The Eagles were playing without several key players. Not the case with Los Angeles. 

Rams by 10 is my prediction. 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Agreed. 

Take away the Bears game and he's playing fine. People who say he's off are essentially box scouting. The Cowboys D isn't bad but what people are forgetting was that Goff simply wasn't needed to win with Gurley and Anderson pounding the game away. Goff didn't put up huge stats last week, but again, they weren't necessary. Frankly, I think the game planning there is brilliant. The Rams gave Gurley and Anderson a game to groove and show that the run game isn't 1-dimensional. The Saints are gonna have to make a decision early as to what they want to stop. And with Woods, Cooks, and Reynolds plus the TE's, Goff has plenty of options to turn to if needed.

Rams WR/TEs > Eagles WR/TEs in this game. Not that the Eagles corps isn't good, but the Rams have just as many reliable weapons and probably more "splash" play potential. 

Gurley/Anderson >>>>> Wendell Smallwood. The Eagles had virtually no run game yesterday to take pressure off of Foles and the pass game. The Rams aren't going to have that problem. The Saints got extremely lucky that Jeffery let that pass go and Lattimore was there to pick it off. Without that, the Eagles were probably winning this game despite a 1-dimensional offense. The Saints won't have that luxury next weekend. Especially not with Rankins out. 

The Eagles were playing without several key players. Not the case with Los Angeles. 

Yeah, Foles lofted a ton of 50/50 balls yesterday. Some worked. Some didn't. That's not Goff's game. He's more of a precision passer. But the Rams don't have the Eagles DL (unless Suh and Brockers can repeat their Dallas performances). That's one big difference that could prove significant.

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Agreed. 

Lmao ok buddy... keep telling yourself that. But none of those things are true. Foles in our system is just as good as Goff, and the Eagles WR/TE are better. The Eagles actually have 2 TE that are better then what the Rams have.

Foles might not be Goff, but beat that *** in LA just remember that. 

4 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Lmao ok buddy... keep telling yourself that. But none of those things are true. Foles in our system is just as good as Goff, and the Eagles WR/TE are better. The Eagles actually have 2 TE that are better then what the Rams have.

Read again: "in this game". 

The Eagles were 1 dimensional yesterday, because Smallwood isn't scaring anyone, and it hurt the pass game. The Saints cued in on that and essentially shut (actually, no, they literally did) the Eagles offense down other than the failed comeback drive. I never said the Rams had the better unit, but this isn't Big12 football. The best WR unit in the league would be screwed with Philadelphia's run game yesterday. The Rams have the luxury of not having to worry about that. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Read again: "in this game". 

The Eagles were 1 dimensional yesterday, because Smallwood isn't scaring anyone, and it hurt the pass game. The Saints cued in on that and essentially shut (actually, no, they literally did) the Eagles offense down other than the failed comeback drive. I never said the Rams had the better unit, but this isn't Big12 football. The best WR unit in the league would be screwed with Philadelphia's run game yesterday. The Rams have the luxury of not having to worry about that. 

But to say Goff won't make the same mistakes is just not true... we have seen Goff make plenty of mistakes. The Saints are going to sell out and stop the run, make Goff try to win the game. If you think you're going to rush for another 200+ like you did on the Cowboys, it's not going to happen.

10 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Funny. Somebody is getting very defensive.

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

But to say Goff won't make the same mistakes is just not true... we have seen Goff make plenty of mistakes. The Saints are going to sell out and stop the run, make Goff try to win the game. If you think you're going to rush for another 200+ like you did on the Cowboys, it's not going to happen.

He's not a Rams fan, bud. And selling out to stop the run will help us. It's all about adjustments. Defenses adjusted to take away our vertical passing. McVay adjusted to run it down their throats. If they adjust again to stop the run, it'll open up the vertical passing.

It should be a fun game to watch. I don't foresee the Rams being able to ram it completely down the Saints' throats on the ground like they did to Dallas. For those of you who enjoyed watching that happen, I'd highly recommend watching "Schindler's List".

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

He's not a Rams fan, bud. And selling out to stop the run will help us. It's all about adjustments. Defenses adjusted to take away our vertical passing. McVay adjusted to run it down their throats. If they adjust again to stop the run, it'll open up the vertical passing.

Well we saw that happen when the Eagles played the Rams... Goff struggled. Let's say if McVay can do things differently this time.

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

Nope, I'm thinking more like 300+, actually. 

Who, exactly, are the Saints going to use to stop the run? Their best run defender is out. If they indeed "sell out and stop the run", no chance on God's green earth they stop Goff, Woods, Cooks, etc. They didn't HAVE to sell out and stop the run yesterday, which is why Philadelphia lost. 

Also, and again, I love me some Nick Foles, but dude was tossing some lobs that looked more like punts yesterday. 

Regardless, the Rams O >>> Eagles O as of yesterday and it isn't even remotely close. 

Archived