NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

We will most likely be favored because we are the home team. That’s probably as it should be. But given tonight’s performance, I’m not sure how we beat the Rams again. We did some good things - that third Q drive was a thing of legend - but we did so many bad things. So many. And losing Rankins is pain. 

Every team is hurting somewhere but the Saints live and die by our Oline. And they ain’t right. No sir. Against an anemic pass rush without Cox we could barely give Drew any time. Donald will be .... problematic. I don’t know. Everything except the location favors the Rams. Give me a choice and I’ll still pick us to win. I’m dumb. And a homer. Also the dome is magical, more so than Foles. But it feels to me like we should be the underdogs. The team that got blown out by Carolina’s 5th stringers is real, and they are us. 

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I hope the Rams have 12 of their players placed on IR between  now and next Sunday. Both Donald and Gurley end up slipping on McDonald's wrappers while desperately looking for Sean Mcvay and Rammy in the Bermuda Triangle.

Go Saints 😎

I come from a pure place. This is just evil. You poor soul. Enjoy the chip and watch the ballas ball. We on a revenge tour.. Stop number two! Funky town. Where they say magic happens but it’s all smoke and mirrors. Legggggggo. 

Saints the ran the score! Made fun of your under dog! Wore your ski mask and took your women. Boys I’m in their head. I swear to Goff I’m not even trying. Just born this good. Get me on a tv show. Might start a blog since that’s all @Calvert28said. And till this he’s saying whispering it’s 50/50 when they say whose house they say Dallas. I’m waiting to hear from @Matts4313 who’ve I’ve Paiged 20 times but he don’t answer. 

@Mossburg just straight cash homey, cash me out. We stealing Sean’s 250k stripper money and im spending it on @tyler735 because I’m tired of him wearing osh kosh clothing. 

Who else want a lil shout out? 

Wheres that eagle fans who always says cheers? 

@RandyMossIsBoss is getting tagged because I’m showing world wide love. They call me pit bull. I just prey we don’t get that ref! If so I’m outeeeeey. 

33 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

We will most likely be favored because we are the home team. That’s probably as it should be. But given tonight’s performance, I’m not sure how we beat the Rams again. We did some good things - that third Q drive was a thing of legend - but we did so many bad things. So many. And losing Rankins is pain. 

Every team is hurting somewhere but the Saints live and die by our Oline. And they ain’t right. No sir. Against an anemic pass rush without Cox we could barely give Drew any time. Donald will be .... problematic. I don’t know. Everything except the location favors the Rams. Give me a choice and I’ll still pick us to win. I’m dumb. And a homer. Also the dome is magical, more so than Foles. But it feels to me like we should be the underdogs. The team that got blown out by Carolina’s 5th stringers is real, and they are us. 

You sound like my best friend lol. Before the game he was so confident the Saints would run through the Eagles and the Rams had no shot next week. After the game he legit said he thinks the Rams are going to win. I told him to not overreact based on one game. I could see either team winning. Now it hurts not to have Rankins because he is great. If the Rams oline comes to play like it did against Dallas the Saints will be in for a long day trying to stop the run and remember in the first meeting nobody got a sack. I dont think the dome will be as much of a factor as people will make it out to be just because the running game travels and the Rams have the 3rd rushing offense. Control the ****, keep the Saints offense off the field, wear down their defense, and the homefield advantage wont matter. At the end of the day though its going to be a close game decided by a handful of plays. So both the Saints and Rams fans should be confident because each team has a great shot at winning. 

If I had to give a slight edge Ill give it to the Rams just because in the Payton/Brees era, they have never beaten the Rams twice in a row. Oddly enough, the Rams have beaten the Saints twice in a row and that happened in 2011 and 2013. Plus its about seeing them a second time in the same season and McVay making adjustments plus the added dimension with Anderson now that the Saints didnt get to see Week 9. Then you add the revenge factor for the Rams. Hopefully Peters come out and play his best game all season long because he has been waiting to get to play the Saints again especially now that he has his partner in crime Talib opposite of him. Thats going to take alot of pressure off of him while giving veteran and Superbowl leadership in a big game. 

11 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I come from a pure place. This is just evil. You poor soul. Enjoy the chip and watch the ballas ball. We on a revenge tour.. Stop number two! Funky town. Where they say magic happens but it’s all smoke and mirrors. Legggggggo. 

Saints the ran the score! Made fun of your under dog! Wore your ski mask and took your women. Boys I’m in their head. I swear to Goff I’m not even trying. Just born this good. Get me on a tv show. Might start a blog since that’s all @Calvert28said. And till this he’s saying whispering it’s 50/50 when they say whose house they say Dallas. I’m waiting to hear from @Matts4313 who’ve I’ve Paiged 20 times but he don’t answer. 

@Mossburg just straight cash homey, cash me out. We stealing Sean’s 250k stripper money and im spending it on @tyler735 because I’m tired of him wearing osh kosh clothing. 

Who else want a lil shout out? 

Wheres that eagle fans who always says cheers? 

@RandyMossIsBoss is getting tagged because I’m showing world wide love. They call me pit bull. I just prey we don’t get that ref! If so I’m outeeeeey. 

A troll with a poetic heart. Who'd a thunk it.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Now that’s rich. You calling me that.. 

Thought you had a thicker skin tbh 

cant believe you took that route. The rams send their Regards. 

Trying to give you a compliment. You never see that type of talent or passion with others. I congratulate you.

Saints jump out to an early lead, which causes the Rams defense to start a meltdown. They go away from the running game, Goff is overwhelmed, and finger pointing will be on full display by halftime. Second half Saints go through the motions, but the fight will be out of Los Angeles. Saints win, 38-13.

For all the (deserved) criticism that Goff has received, Brees and the Saints have been a big pile of mediocrity on offense in the same timespan the Rams started their struggle (despite what the efficiency numbers indicate). I want some more time to break this down but I think having Talib to help cover Thomas helps, as does Goff playing indoors (and having experienced the dome before). The Saints' oline really dominated their first matchup and I wonder if someone as good as Donald doesn't adjust to their blocking schemes again. My gut initial reaction is that the Rams jump out to an early lead and it will be a back and forth game with the Saints furiously trying to catch up and the Rams always just fighting them off to win the game.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Saints jump out to an early lead, which causes the Rams defense to start a meltdown. They go away from the running game, Goff is overwhelmed, and finger pointing will be on full display by halftime. Second half Saints go through the motions, but the fight will be out of Los Angeles. Saints win, 38-13.

Yeah, that already happened . . . except Goff didn't get overwhelmed and the Rams didn't lose their fight. This isn't a team that gives up when faced with adversity.

2 hours ago, nolaexpat said:

Brees has never lost a playoff game in NO, and the Saints are the #1 seed for a reason. You're not going to fool me into treating them like a pushover. ;)

2 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

For all the (deserved) criticism that Goff has received, Brees and the Saints have been a big pile of mediocrity on offense in the same timespan the Rams started their struggle (despite what the efficiency numbers indicate). I want some more time to break this down but I think having Talib to help cover Thomas helps, as does Goff playing indoors (and having experienced the dome before). The Saints' oline really dominated their first matchup and I wonder if someone as good as Donald doesn't adjust to their blocking schemes again. My gut initial reaction is that the Rams jump out to an early lead and it will be a back and forth game with the Saints furiously trying to catch up and the Rams always just fighting them off to win the game.

I’ve tried telling people that. The Saints actually played worst offensively than the Rams the last 6 games (not counting Week 17 when the Saints rested key starters). People dismiss it because it’s Brees and not Goff. I’ll just continue to let people continue to write their own narrative just like they did with the Rams heading into the Cowboys game.

At the end of the day, the Rams are a tough minded team. They are battle tested and won’t be scared going into the dome. They will be ready and it’s going to be a good game. 

Archived