NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

You sound like my best friend lol. Before the game he was so confident the Saints would run through the Eagles and the Rams had no shot next week. After the game he legit said he thinks the Rams are going to win. I told him to not overreact based on one game. I could see either team winning. Now it hurts not to have Rankins because he is great. If the Rams oline comes to play like it did against Dallas the Saints will be in for a long day trying to stop the run and remember in the first meeting nobody got a sack. I dont think the dome will be as much of a factor as people will make it out to be just because the running game travels and the Rams have the 3rd rushing offense. Control the ****, keep the Saints offense off the field, wear down their defense, and the homefield advantage wont matter. At the end of the day though its going to be a close game decided by a handful of plays. So both the Saints and Rams fans should be confident because each team has a great shot at winning. 

If I had to give a slight edge Ill give it to the Rams just because in the Payton/Brees era, they have never beaten the Rams twice in a row. Oddly enough, the Rams have beaten the Saints twice in a row and that happened in 2011 and 2013. Plus its about seeing them a second time in the same season and McVay making adjustments plus the added dimension with Anderson now that the Saints didnt get to see Week 9. Then you add the revenge factor for the Rams. Hopefully Peters come out and play his best game all season long because he has been waiting to get to play the Saints again especially now that he has his partner in crime Talib opposite of him. Thats going to take alot of pressure off of him while giving veteran and Superbowl leadership in a big game. 

Ok I have no problem with you favoring the Rams, especially since you're a Rams fan and should favor your team, but the never beating them twice in a row thing is a silly reason. The 2018-19 Rams have never beat the 2018-19 Saints, therefore they'll lose. That's actually better logic than somehow relating all those Jeff Fisher and before years to this game.

50 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Ok I have no problem with you favoring the Rams, especially since you're a Rams fan and should favor your team, but the never beating them twice in a row thing is a silly reason. The 2018-19 Rams have never beat the 2018-19 Saints, therefore they'll lose. That's actually better logic than somehow relating all those Jeff Fisher and before years to this game.

He does that all the time 

some good options to beat NE

I'd feel more at ease if the remaining QBs could actually put together a great game rather than notching their win after having the other teams QB put up a lame duck; don't think #12 will spot you that one.

hopefully it's a big day for Reid & Mahomes. it'd be really special

This game is a toss-up like the Pats vs Chiefs game. 4 pretty evenly matched teams. Should be a great weekend.

I however do not see LAR losing to the same team twice in 1 season. Going to the Superdome is obviously tough though.

27-24 LAR

I think the thing that should bother the Rams most about the Eagles game is that the Saints should have lost it and didn’t. We sucked. We weren’t just bad, we came out to what was at the time the most important game of our season and gave it away. It’s like we didn’t want it at all. And then we held them scoreless for 49 minutes. Our performance in that time was anything but special. It’s not like we ran up the stats or the score. We beat them in the worst way possible. 11 minute drives. Overcoming 3rd and 20, 2nd and 20, our own penalties. That’s awful for a defense. 

The Rams looked inhumanly good on Saturday. The Saints looked weak and very human. There is no other way to talk about the two games our teams just played. Maybe both teams will perform just as they did next weekend. If that’s the case, the Rams will win and by a lot. Maybe they won’t. Recent history says you have to favor the Saints at home but give the edge to the Rams on intensity and preparation. Hopefully nobody else gets hurt on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

It’s not a silly reason but since I mentioned it it’s silly. I guess if the media mentioned it then it’s not silly. They mention stuff like that all the time.

They mention Saints were 5-0 at home in the playoffs heading into these playoffs which had nothing to do with these playoffs. They mentioned the only team to beat Foles in the playoffs was the Saints in 2013 which had nothing to do with these playoffs. They mentioned when the Saints won the Superbowl in 2009 the three teams they lost to was the Cowboys, Bucs, and Panthers (same teams they lost to this season) but it has nothing to do with this season. So if little old me mention something like that it’s silly but if the media mention something like that nobody comes on here and say “did you hear what Max Kellerman said, what a silly comment”. 

But I’ll just say this following the Rams and Saints history closely from when I started really following football closely in 2000, they have a great history even before then. I’ll go back to even two years ago when the Rams stopped the Saints 8 game winning streak. This season the Saints stopped the Rams 8 game winning streak. The Rams in 2000 beat the Saints Week 17 to get into the playoffs and still had a shot to defend their championship from the 1999 season. They played the Saints again the following week in the Wildcard round and the Saints beat them and actually got their first playoff victory in franchise history. So we aren’t talking about two random teams. These teams have a long history that’s now even better because both teams are great. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s not a silly reason but since I mentioned it it’s silly. I guess if the media mentioned it then it’s not silly. They mention stuff like that all the time.

They mention Saints were 5-0 at home in the playoffs heading into these playoffs which had nothing to do with these playoffs. They mentioned the only team to beat Foles in the playoffs was the Saints in 2013 which had nothing to do with these playoffs. They mentioned when the Saints won the Superbowl in 2009 the three teams they lost to was the Cowboys, Bucs, and Panthers (same teams they lost to this season) but it has nothing to do with this season. So if little old me mention something like that it’s silly but if the media mention something like that nobody comes on here and say “did you hear what Max Kellerman said, what a silly comment”. 

Yes the media is indeed silly.  And it’s a silly thing to do to take them seriously.  Nobody is gonna talk about what Kellerman says because nobody cares what Kellerman says.

Yes the Saints/Rams have a history.  But it has no bearing on the present.  These are completely different teams.  Whoever wins is whoever is the best team on that given day.

What a showdown for both conferences this weekend. Saints/Rams were considered by many the top 2 teams much of the season, and it was a crazy shootout in the first match-up against each other. Both teams appear to be relatively healthy going into the game with Rankins and Cupp being the key injuries that I'm aware of. I'm hoping we see Goff play like he did against Detroit, Chicago, and Philly, but I'm guessing that Mcvay takes advantage of having Rankins out and utilizing his elite run game, which will be tough for the Saints to stop. On the flip side, Kamara and Thomas seem to have the Rams number the last couple matchups. Kamara the past 2 games against the Rams has 304 yards from scrimmage and 5 touchdowns. Thomas has 267 yards and a touchdown the past 2 games against the Rams.

17 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Not to mention one of the best in the entire league and better than any guy the Rams have.

A healthy Talib is on par with him. The bigger question is if Peters decides to be selfish or unselfish. He was upset after the Saints torched him mercilessly last game. I can only hope that drives him to play well. Apple isn't as good as Peters when Peters is on, but Apple at least seems to stick to his assignment and not hang the rest of the defense out to dry. The one big advantage we have is our slot CB, NRC, is very, very good, while their NCB, P.J. Williams, is not. But we'll see if we play M2M. NRC is a stud in M2M, but he doesn't play a lot when we're in zone.

9 hours ago, El ramster said:

I come from a pure place. This is just evil. You poor soul. Enjoy the chip and watch the ballas ball. We on a revenge tour.. Stop number two! Funky town. Where they say magic happens but it’s all smoke and mirrors. Legggggggo. 

Saints the ran the score! Made fun of your under dog! Wore your ski mask and took your women. Boys I’m in their head. I swear to Goff I’m not even trying. Just born this good. Get me on a tv show. Might start a blog since that’s all @Calvert28said. And till this he’s saying whispering it’s 50/50 when they say whose house they say Dallas. I’m waiting to hear from @Matts4313 who’ve I’ve Paiged 20 times but he don’t answer. 

@Mossburg just straight cash homey, cash me out. We stealing Sean’s 250k stripper money and im spending it on @tyler735 because I’m tired of him wearing osh kosh clothing. 

Who else want a lil shout out? 

Wheres that eagle fans who always says cheers? 

@RandyMossIsBoss is getting tagged because I’m showing world wide love. They call me pit bull. I just prey we don’t get that ref! If so I’m outeeeeey. 

The world needs a happy rammy to be a better place.

23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Not to mention one of the best in the entire league and better than any guy the Rams have.

I'd have to agree regarding Lattimore vs Talib. Talib turns 33 next month, we aren't talking about prime Talib anymore at this stage in his career. Sure he's still good, but I don't think he is the elite CB he once was. Lattimore has been great for the Saints the past 2 years.

The Saints at home is a tough match-up, obviously. This plays more of a factor when your offense is dependent on your coach relaying information to your QB while in formation until 15 seconds left on the play clock. It's going to be imperative that Goff and McVay bring the urgency when it comes to calling plays and getting everyone lined up as it's going to be tougher to communicate. 

I think the Rams need two things to happen to win this game:

-The Offensive Line must bring their A game, no less.

-The Secondary must bring their B game or greater, no less (if the O-Line doesn't bring their A game, this will need to elevate to an A+).

1 hour ago, nolaexpat said:

I think the thing that should bother the Rams most about the Eagles game is that the Saints should have lost it and didn’t. We sucked. We weren’t just bad, we came out to what was at the time the most important game of our season and gave it away. It’s like we didn’t want it at all. And then we held them scoreless for 49 minutes. Our performance in that time was anything but special. It’s not like we ran up the stats or the score. We beat them in the worst way possible. 11 minute drives. Overcoming 3rd and 20, 2nd and 20, our own penalties. That’s awful for a defense. 

The Rams looked inhumanly good on Saturday. The Saints looked weak and very human. There is no other way to talk about the two games our teams just played. Maybe both teams will perform just as they did next weekend. If that’s the case, the Rams will win and by a lot. Maybe they won’t. Recent history says you have to favor the Saints at home but give the edge to the Rams on intensity and preparation. Hopefully nobody else gets hurt on Sunday. 

Rams looked good against Dallas but it was still an 8 point game. Goff is still very much off.

This is going to be a great game, I think. Whoever has the ball last will win.

Archived