Raiders Defense

Rolni

Somehow Maxx is better than last year. It’s crazy to see the growth from year to year. The improvements from year to year. If you can’t build a defense around him then people in the building should be fired and the players on the DL who can’t take advantage of one on one match ups need to be replaced.

I know it’s stupid and pointless to bring it up, but Jalen Carter and Maxx would have been a ridiculous combo. Would have made everyone better especially with the improvements from Koonce that we seen. 

• Like 5

Listening to reports recently about us adding a DLine and I just read about a potential trade idea with the Caroline Panthers, Brian Burns for Hunter Renfrow possibly.

Now, they both have similar salaries this year (13 mil against 16 mil I believe) but I believe Burns is on the last year of his contract and would need an extension next year, plus we invested a very high draft pick in Wilson. Sounds like a neatly packaged deal on the face of it as Renfrow could be a massive help to Bryce Young and Burns helps our pass rush obviously but with Wilson already here and 12 million dead money from Chandler Jones next year plus our real need is DT possibly what do you guys think. I love Renfrow but I would swap him for a DT/DE that could impact the game especially as he's not really being utilized.    

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Listening to reports recently about us adding a DLine and I just read about a potential trade idea with the Caroline Panthers, Brian Burns for Hunter Renfrow possibly.

Now, they both have similar salaries this year (13 mil against 16 mil I believe) but I believe Burns is on the last year of his contract and would need an extension next year, plus we invested a very high draft pick in Wilson. Sounds like a neatly packaged deal on the face of it as Renfrow could be a massive help to Bryce Young and Burns helps our pass rush obviously but with Wilson already here and 12 million dead money from Chandler Jones next year plus our real need is DT possibly what do you guys think. I love Renfrow but I would swap him for a DT/DE that could impact the game especially as he's not really being utilized.    

That would be a high pick and Renfrow. Idk if we need to invest another high pick in edge. We need to develop Wilson after drafting him so high. If we could get a decent pick for Renfrow, I’ll ship him out 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Can't see the Panthers trading a top tier pass rusher for a slot WR. There would need to be a pick in there. But I'd welcome any trade that boosts the pass rush.

26 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Renfrow + a pick for L Williams, especially if NY keeps stinking it up. I can dream at least. 👍

Leo is one guy I'd like to see them make a move on.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Can't see the Panthers trading a top tier pass rusher for a slot WR. There would need to be a pick in there. But I'd welcome any trade that boosts the pass rush.

Yessir, and he’d want to be here, lifelong raider fan like DA.👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yeh, on the face of it no, but if they know he's not going to re-sign with them then I guess that lowers his value considerably and they may think that a mid term deal for a Pro Bowl calibre slot receiver would be worth a one year of a Pro Bowl pass rusher maybe..........

If I'm the Raiders, I'm not adding anything like a 2nd or 3rd round pick as I know Ill have to extend him and he may not remain. Burns is more valuable than Renfrow for sure, but I guess it comes down to contract too. Just thought it was an interesting take. 

Leonard Williams fits a need at DT, he had that one great season but hasn't he been kind of quiet over the last couple years and I seem to remember a question over his longevity and shoulder issues? Maybe I'm mistaken........

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, on the face of it no, but if they know he's not going to re-sign with them then I guess that lowers his value considerably and they may think that a mid term deal for a Pro Bowl calibre slot receiver would be worth a one year of a Pro Bowl pass rusher maybe..........

If I'm the Raiders, I'm not adding anything like a 2nd or 3rd round pick as I know Ill have to extend him and he may not remain. Burns is more valuable than Renfrow for sure, but I guess it comes down to contract too. Just thought it was an interesting take. 

Leonard Williams fits a need at DT, he had that one great season but hasn't he been kind of quiet over the last couple years and I seem to remember a question over his longevity and shoulder issues? Maybe I'm mistaken........

Leo's breakout season came under Graham for what it's worth. But agree, he's been quiet the last couple years. Still, at the right price, he's an upgrade to this roster.

We really need one of Young, Silvera to break out next year. That would solve a lot of problems. 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

our interior pass rush sucks yet again. Our run defense isn't good either. Why don't we just start Jenkins and Nesta to plug up the run. Not like the "pass rushing" are doing anything. 

I guess they like the vets starting and Young is getting the game time by virtue of being a much higher pick.

None have really stood out at all so it’s much of a muchness. At this point in the season I’d like to see them try and ease both into some playing time and as you say, we’ve not got a lot to lose as the vets are not really good in run defence either.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I guess they like the vets starting and Young is getting the game time by virtue of being a much higher pick.

None have really stood out at all so it’s much of a muchness. At this point in the season I’d like to see them try and ease both into some playing time and as you say, we’ve not got a lot to lose as the vets are not really good in run defence either.

Dts not doing much rushing on the passer, might as well plug up the middle to stuff the run.