πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

People beating down the door for Gannon and Moore while there is crickets for Bienemy and Bowles makes zero sense

Β 

Β 

*looks at obvious*Β 

Well besides that……..

To be fair, I was wondering about this one too. But then again, I lost McVay years before I expected to.Β 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

People beating down the door for Gannon and Moore while there is crickets for Bienemy and Bowles makes zero sense

Β 

Β 

*looks at obvious*Β 

Well besides that……..

Bienemys got a history if im not mistaken.Β 
Β 

but never understood why Bowles and Morris never get a fair shake. Those dudes know football. Besides the obvious, maybe offensiveΒ bias.Β 

12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Bienemys got a history if im not mistaken.Β 
Β 

but never understood why Bowles and Morris never get a fair shake. Those dudes know football. Besides the obvious, maybe offensiveΒ bias.Β 

He does, apparently is kind of abrasive too. That held Zimmer back for a bit.

For Morris and Bowles, race could be a factor. But there are footballΒ reasons I can see them not having gotten another HC gig yet.

Morris hasn’t really had a stellar career since he had those couple years as HC of Gruden’s leftover Bucs. It’s been fine but not something when paired with those years as a HC that would make a team really want him. I’d expect that to change if not this year, then next year.

Bowles had a 3 year run recently that he wasn’t the most popular in. He had that good year his first year and then back to the bottom. I think he’s rehabbed that enough at this point to get another shot, but it usually takes those defensive guys more time to get another gig.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

How many defensive minded coaches won a playoff game this past weekend? How many defensive minded coaches are left in the playoffs? How many defensive minded coaches are head coaches in the NFL?

The way the NFL is setup and the way it's been and continues to trend is that offense wins championships.Β 

I do agree that Bowles probably deserves another shot but if you're hiring a coach wouldn't you rather go after someone who is more offensive (and QB) orientated such as Daboll, Kellen Moore or Leftwich, over a defensive guy?

Β 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

He does, apparently is kind of abrasive too. That held Zimmer back for a bit.

For Morris and Bowles, race could be a factor. But there are footballΒ reasons I can see them not having gotten another HC gig yet.

Morris hasn’t really had a stellar career since he had those couple years as HC of Gruden’s leftover Bucs. It’s been fine but not something when paired with those years as a HC that would make a team really want him. I’d expect that to change if not this year, then next year.

Bowles had a 3 year run recently that he wasn’t the most popular in. He had that good year his first year and then back to the bottom. I think he’s rehabbed that enough at this point to get another shot, but it usually takes those defensive guys more time to get another gig.

I highly doubt their race has anything to do with it.

1. They're defensive guys
2. They'd both be retreads who had terrible performances their first time on the job.

Great defensive minds, but are best in their current lane.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Kind of like BB. lol

Guys deserve another shot. Guys like Bowels know about 50 guys innovative and such on the OC side that could run an offense.Β 

100%, but don't think they've been noticeably sidelined more up to this point.

If Leftwich isn't interviewed by everyone and get a job this cycle, that'd raise eyebrows.
I don't think Morris and Bowles missing out this year would be crazy. Leslie Frazier is in the mix and has put in a little more work to get back.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

I highly doubt their race has anything to do with it.

1. They're defensive guys
2. They'd both be retreads who had terrible performances their first time on the job.

Great defensive minds, but are best in their current lane.

I dont think bowles did that bad in New York.Β 

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I love the CowboysΒ 

β€œthe vibes were off”

I love that he acknowledges this and did nothing to change it.

But really it’s just more of the culture they built down there, blame everyone else.

As much as I praise the Cowboys for being a good organization to its players and the best for players to be. The downside of treating players like kings is that you have the lack ofΒ accountability we saw after the game. And I think that plays a big part on having such talented rosters but not the success that goes along with it.Β