πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

22 hours ago, Danger said:

I'd say that's pretty fair HTTR, though I'd expect our WRs to take a jump by this time next year.

Also having 3* first round picks will be greatly beneficial as well.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if you aren't the #4 talent wise as the season goes on, but I think it's fair to start at #4/"worst"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Few thoughts:

1. I dont like this system of stacking teams. QB obviously means a lot more than other positional groups.
  2. I dont think I agree that Philly has a better group of starters at OL. You mention Cowboys injuries, but Kelce/Lane/Brooks are all either old or injury prone. Collins was better than Lane their last year starting, Smith just got surgery for the first time in his career (fix neck) and both Smith/Martin are better than Dillard/Brooks.Β 
  3. I can get behind your Zeke assessment, but Barkley is always hurt and Pollard is at least somewhat proven.Β 

Totally agree on the QB thing. It's massive. Okay so Smith is objectively better than Mailata/Dillard and I'll give you Martin over Brooks just for the sake of argument (honestly a coin flip). That then leaves me with Seumalo objectively over Williams at LG, Kelce objectively over Biadasz at C and Johnson objectively over Collins at RT. Our depth is arguably the best in the NFL from how much guys had to play last year and how well they actually performed.

31 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Totally agree on the QB thing. It's massive. Okay so Smith is objectively better than Mailata/Dillard and I'll give you Martin over Brooks just for the sake of argument (honestly a coin flip). That then leaves me with Seumalo objectively over Williams at LG, Kelce objectively over Biadasz at C and Johnson objectively over Collins at RT. Our depth is arguably the best in the NFL from how much guys had to play last year and how well they actually performed.

I think the lines are pretty close, but ours is younger (I think). I was pleasantly surprised with our OL play when you factor in how many insane injuries we had. Went through 2-3 centers, 2-3 OGs, down to our 5th string OT. The young pups shocked me by not being absolutely terrible outside of the RT.Β 

Β 

Do the Eagles have the talent to take advantage of a solid OL? Thats going to be a key question imo. Probably relies a lot on how quickly Smith and Hurts look NFL ready.Β 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I think the lines are pretty close, but ours is younger (I think). I was pleasantly surprised with our OL play when you factor in how many insane injuries we had. Went through 2-3 centers, 2-3 OGs, down to our 5th string OT. The young pups shocked me by not being absolutely terrible outside of the RT.Β 

Β 

Do the Eagles have the talent to take advantage of a solid OL? Thats going to be a key question imo. Probably relies a lot on how quickly Smith and Hurts look NFL ready.Β 

We had a ton of injuries too and our guys like Driscoll, Mailata, Herbig really impressed the hell outta me. Hurts is literally everything for us now and how we go about things in the future. He holds this franchises present and future solely in his hands.

Did drug addiction ruin your former QB? Turn on ESPN for more analysis:

Β 

"I really feel like I have a new passion for the game," Wentz said,Β per Jonathan X. Simmons of the Indy Star. "I've been high, I've been injured, I've been, now, benched, I've been traded, I've kinda seen a lot in five years, so whatever the game throws at me, I'm ready."

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Did drug addiction ruin your former QB? Turn on ESPN for more analysis:

Β 

"I really feel like I have a new passion for the game," Wentz said,Β per Jonathan X. Simmons of the Indy Star. "I've been high, I've been injured, I've been, now, benched, I've been traded, I've kinda seen a lot in five years, so whatever the game throws at me, I'm ready."

Yes, high on G.O.D.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Makes sense with the news the other day that his wife was becoming co-COO.

Probably the farthest they’ll go without direct legal issues, other owners don’t want to give the nfl a kill switchΒ 

So they punished the team by upgrading the leadership structure? WTF. Where was this punishment when Jerry was running things 25 years ago?

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So they punished the team by upgrading the leadership structure? WTF. Where was this punishment when Jerry was running things 25 years ago?

We aren't getting anything from this.Β  He already handed over control to Rivera when he hired him. Dan will hide for a year then creep back and start ruining things like he always does.Β Β 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not to stir the pot, but the gap between the 3 other teams and the Eagles is probably that large. Which is why I chuckle each time a Philly fan says "we all suck so we could all win". That said, we are one Dak injury from being crap along with them.Β 

• Like 1