πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

I'm really torn on who to root for in Dallas vs. Philly this weekend:

Pro Dallas: Helps the Redskins in the division, keeps the Dallas fans hopes alive a bit longer so their inevitable collapse late in the season is more heart wrenching, could make the Dallas front office offer Dak a foolish contract extension, could save Garrett's job.Β Β 

Pro Philly: Basically finishes Dallas' season, get to see the hilarity of Dallas fans and possibly front office/coaching staff imploding mid-season.Β Β 

Β 

God its tough idk what to do.Β Β 

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Pro Dallas: Helps the Redskins in the division, keeps the Dallas fans hopes alive a bit longer so their inevitable collapse late in the season is more heart wrenching, could make the Dallas front office offer Dak a foolish contract extension, could save Garrett's job.Β 

hell, that's even compelling to me

But doesn't really matter....Dallas would keep Garrett and extend dak even if they finished 4-12 (they aren't bad enough to lose to the Giants, right?)

• Like 1

Some juicy Dak stats. Since 2017, the Cowboys 14.8% conversion rate on 3rd & 8+ yards is the worst in the NFL (best is 31.2%, average is 23.4%).

Dak on 3rd & 8+:

• 56/90, 550 yards, 0 TDs, 5 INTs, 56.3 passer rating
  • 5 carries, 47 yards, 1 TD, sacked 14 times
  • On 109Β dropbacks, Dak's gotten 18 first downs (well 17 + 1 TD). So an 16.5% conversion rate.

The only QB with at least 50 attempts who has a lower passer rating in these situations is Cam Newton at justΒ 51.6, however,Β his 29.2% conversion rate dwarfs Dak's.

Β 

Just a few of the 27Β QBs with at least 50 passing attempts since 2017 on 3rd and 8+ and better passer rating than Dak:

• Blake Bortles
  • Case Keenum
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Jameis Winston
  • Eli Manning
  • CJ Beathard
  • DeShone Kizer

Β 

In fact you'll have to go all the way to Drew Stanton, who has had just 26 pass attempts, to find another QB with a worse passer rating on 3rd & 8+, although even he has a better 1st down rate at 21.4%.

Β 

Β 

I went to find these numbers after watching him last night and it really striking me how hopeless they are on 3rd & longs. Now traditionally " long" in this contextΒ is just 6 yards, but that's no good. Within 6 yards you still have your quick 5 yard slants and outs that can get you the 1st,Β which I know Dak is comfortable with. It's when you get pushed back another few years that you really have to challenge the D vertically, and a Cowboys punt is basically guaranteed. Odds of getting 8 yards on a slant or out are very slim unless you're being blitzed and they're in man, so Dak needs to either stay in the pocket and wait for an intermediate-deep route to develop, and/or push the ball downfield in a tight window, neither of which he can do well.

Β 

Go figure, Wentz absolutely dominates in this stat. His 121 passer rating and 44% conversion rate since 2017 is unrivaled. He really has been carrying this offense since 2017, we put him in crappy situations and he makes magic out of it nearly half the time. God Bless Wentz.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Go figure, Wentz absolutely dominates in this stat. His 121 passer rating and 44% conversion rate since 2017 is unrivaled. He really has been carrying this offense since 2017, we put him in crappy situations and he makes magic out of it nearly half the time. God Bless Wentz.

I just hope Pederson doesn't go full Andy Reid Superman Complex with Wentz like he didΒ  with McNabb. Just because they "can" do it ,doesn't mean you should ask or expect it all the time!

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:
7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Pro Dallas: Helps the Redskins in the division, keeps the Dallas fans hopes alive a bit longer so their inevitable collapse late in the season is more heart wrenching, could make the Dallas front office offer Dak a foolish contract extension, could save Garrett's job.Β 

hell, that's even compelling to me

But doesn't really matter....Dallas would keep Garrett and extend dak even if they finished 4-12 (they aren't bad enough to lose to the Giants, right?)

I love that the Redskins and Eagles fans care more about Dallas than their own teams.Β 

5 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Are you cleaning your mouth for all those times you claimed dak is better than WentzΒ 

There are two things wrong with your statement:

1. I really wanted Wentz that draft. I made it well known he was my #1 hopeful.

2. Dak was better than Wentz their rookie seasons.Β 

But that doesnt change whats happened. Dak has regressed, along with every other player on the offense. We just suck.Β