🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

31 minutes ago, Gmen said:

It’s nothing personal against Dak. But since he’s entered the league he’s had the luxury of playing with one of the best O-lines and RBs in the league. At this point if he doesn’t reach the Super Bowl with that offensive talent, you have to consider him a disappointment. Many quarterbacks do much more with less. Eli won the Super Bowl with the 32nd best running game in the league in 2011. 

Lie: Best OL

Truth: 5th worst OL last year according to FO, 10th worst according to PFF. Was also bad in 2017. AMAZING in 2016 (4 seasons ago). This year has been good outside of the  Jets and Saints. Maybe someone with a PFF subscription can tell us the rankings. I think RMIB has it.

Lie: Having Zeke puts us in constant short distance/Is the only reason Dak is good.

Truth: Our worst games the last 3 years are the ones we run on first down. Zeke is also statistically not awesome in situational running. His #1 attribute is his ability to be a bulk rusher. 

Truth 2: Every advanced analytical site in the entire planet will tell you the same thing: Bulk rushing has *no* correlation to QB performance. Zeke has been good in the pass game, I will give you that. Picking up blitzes and catching the ball has obviously helped Dak. 

Example: Look at your own team. Barkley is amazing and your QBs have been awful the entire time he has been there. How many years was Adrian Perderson the #1 rusher and his QB was total sheet? The argument that Zeke makes Dak is patently false. Daks 3 best games (before this year) Zeke had 0, 0 and 75 yards. 

Example 2: Eli won with the #32 rushing attack. Which should slap you across the face on how little the rushing attack is correlated to winning. IIRC, the #1 rushing team only makes the playoffs 58% of the time. 

Lie: Dak has the easiest job in the NFL

Truth: Daks WR group was rated dead last in the NFL last year. They added one guy and Dak became a top 10 QB. Dak doesnt have to be surrounded be super talent, he just has to not be surrounded by the *literal* worst talent in the NFL. The Cowboys WR group is top 5 in drops. They have caused no less than 3 INTs. The top 4 WRs have all missed time this year.

Opinion: "But at no point did I sit there and think that having Dak instead of Jones would solve the Giants woes. Not a single once. "

Truth: I 100% guarantee you have not watched the all 22. So you have absolutely no clue if Jones was reading the field better or worse than Dak. So how useful is this opinion, really? Also, you guys made it into the redzone a bunch of times and kicked field goals. A better QB maybe turns those into TDs. Additionally, I feel comfortable assuming that Dak does a better job at changing plays at the LOS simply due to experience. Dak on the Giants probably wins that game, imo. 

Edited by Matts4313

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Lie: "Cowboys playing a soft schedule hasnt gotten attention"

Truth: Literally every single person brings that up when talking about the Cowboys. It has been played to death. 

never enough...Cowboysoverparty.webm

i knew it was low level...but that low? and to lose to one of them?

• Like 1

Funny how Mr. Statistics wants to ignore the Statistic that is factually true, because hey it's being overplayed and couldn't possibly explain one of the main reasons for the Cowboys record/success.

100% Guarantee if that was the #1 Hardest Scheduled in the league for the Cowboys instead, it be posted daily as proof for their record!! Gotta love the Irony. 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

never enough...Cowboysoverparty.webm

i knew it was low level...but that low? and to lose to one of them?

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Funny how Mr. Statistics wants to ignore the Statistic that is factually true, because hey it's being overplayed and couldn't possibly explain one of the main reasons for the Cowboys record/success.

100% Guarantee if that was the #1 Hardest Scheduled in the league for the Cowboys instead, it be posted daily as proof for their record!! Gotta love the Irony. 🍺

Its factually true though. We have not beat a good team all year. And we lost to the Jets. Hopefully we can get our first major  W on Sunday night. 

Do you guys still think the Giants messed up taking Saquon over Darnold's pathetic culo? That kid sucks. How the F did the Cowboys lose to him? He's Jameis without the occasional highs, and a weaker arm. He's like an ugly Matt Barkley. Giants dodged a huge bullet there.

Edited by Jeezla

57 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Do you guys still think the Giants messed up taking Saquon over Darnold's pathetic culo? That kid sucks. How the F did the Cowboys lose to him? He's Jameis without the occasional highs, and a weaker arm. He's like an ugly Matt Barkley. Giants dodged a huge bullet there.

They all messed up by not taking Lamar Jackson 

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Its factually true though. We have not beat a good team all year. And we lost to the Jets. Hopefully we can get our first major  W on Sunday night. 

Gotta love Matts' subtle digs, the same one I made at our own expense weeks ago.

• Like 1